"Stop Safely Now"

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 05:31 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: "Stop Safely Now"

No one ever posted a final answer to this issue. I had this happen to me yesterday and today. The dealer replaced the MECS pump the first day and that didn't stop it from happening again today. They waited for the Ford site to come back up and found a recall on the battery harness.

A good place to check for these items is: http://www.alldatadiy.com/TSB/20/062069er.html. You can pull a list for free but have to subscribe to read them.

Old 12-02-2008, 06:58 PM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

The problem is the PCM will set about 9 "trouble codes" when one of the processors goes down. The MECS pump is a false code. You have to VERY carefully read all the flow charts for ALL of the codes to distill it down to the real failure. Hope this helps

Old 12-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Enthusiast

Yeah, I've missed a half day of work both Monday & Tuesday because of this. I wish They would have spent a little bit more time troubleshooting. Told them to keep it over night and try it again in the morning especially since there was one trouble code for TCM that wasn't clearing.

Old 12-02-2008, 07:09 PM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

Get the list of trouble codes and I will try to help

Old 12-02-2008, 07:10 PM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

Mine was down for 3 weeks because they were chasing their tales for 2 weeks and the third because they didnt know they needed both keys

Old 12-02-2008, 08:25 PM
Active Enthusiast

Holy thread revival, Batman!

This thread was almost 18 months old (since the last post) when robfwtx so graciously revived it!

I think it's safe to say that after this much time, it's pretty much safe to start a new thread.

Old 12-02-2008, 09:09 PM
Enthusiast

Nah.. not when Google still pulls it up on searches for this error. Finding the one site that listed all the recalls & TSBs was invaluable. I used Google to search for the campaign codes to read more on the topic.

Besides, it's always a good idea to leave a bread crumb for someone else to follow. I know it would have saved me a couple of hours on fruitless searches.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:10 PM
Enthusiast

Hi everyone,

I am glad that this post is going. My 2005 Ford Escape hybrid is in the shop right now because first it over heated and then it gave me this "stop safely now" and the car turned itself off. Over the past few weeks I have noticed my lights in the car a little dimmer then usual and thought nothing of it, but it turns out that the battery cables that are attached to the hybrid battery have corrosion. Needless to say, this is not covered on my warranty so I am now $700 for parts and $570 for laboe in the hole. Ayone else have this problem? Why would this happen? HELP!!!

Jill

Old 12-03-2008, 09:15 PM
Enthusiast

Was there a wiring harness recall for your model year as well? Mine had not been done and that's why I got the Stop Now message. I didn't read the bulletin but it was the harness for the battery pack.

Check out that site I listed under your model year and see what is showing. You can't get details but you can at least see all the notices and recalls.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:13 AM
Enthusiast

WOW!! Thank you for the fast response. I looked at the web site and there is a recall on the battery cover for corrosion!!

Has anyone paid the money for this website?? I am curious to know if it is worth it and if so, what do I do next to get this fixed on FORD's tab???

HELP!!!

Thanks
Jill

Quick Reply: "Stop Safely Now"

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands