"Stop Safely Now"

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 01:23 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: "Stop Safely Now"

Originally Posted by GatorJ
That was the cause of my SSN....there's a TSB on it somewhere.
Just heard from my service advisor. It is the throttle body, covered under the transmission warranty, he said. Good call.

Old 09-11-2014, 03:51 PM
Active Enthusiast

I was just told by the Dealer today that Ford finally issued a recall on the MECS pump. They should be contacting everyone soon, the pump will be replaced first for those that have failed, then the rest once the backlog is taken care of. Not sure about refunds for those that already replaced theirs. They said I should come back in about a month for the free replacement.

Old 09-11-2014, 05:37 PM

Long overdue IMHO. Maybe I can recover the cost of the pump that I replaced, $188.51. Wonder what the back story is on this.

Old 09-13-2014, 10:44 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by leoashton
I was just told by the Dealer today that Ford finally issued a recall on the MECS pump. They should be contacting everyone soon, the pump will be replaced first for those that have failed, then the rest once the backlog is taken care of. Not sure about refunds for those that already replaced theirs. They said I should come back in about a month for the free replacement.
I hope so. I had mine replaced at the dealer, so an extra $700 or so in my pocket would be nice.

Old 09-13-2014, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Deezul
I hope so. I had mine replaced at the dealer, so an extra $700 or so in my pocket would be nice.

Ouch! If it's OK to ask, how many hours of labor did they charge you?

Old 09-14-2014, 11:31 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GatorJ
Ouch! If it's OK to ask, how many hours of labor did they charge you?
I don't remember, and I couldn't find the receipt during a quick check o my files. I think it's the pump that was the bulk of the charge, not the labor. Once I can find the recall is official, I'll be heading back to the dealership to see what I need to do to get my money back.

Old 09-19-2014, 06:38 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Deezul
I don't remember, and I couldn't find the receipt during a quick check o my files. I think it's the pump that was the bulk of the charge, not the labor. Once I can find the recall is official, I'll be heading back to the dealership to see what I need to do to get my money back.
Cost me about $600 at the dealership less than a year ago. Fingers crossed for a rebate, too...

Old 10-12-2014, 10:07 AM
Enthusiast
Default Windshield wiper fluid and "Stop Safely Now"

We have had 4 instances of this situation and Ford cannot diagnose it. There are not computer codes generated. We are puzzled and frustrated.

Here is what happens. Using the key remote, we click the Unlock button to open the car and the windshield wiper fluid engine kicks in and starts spraying. Click the lock button and it may stop so you can get in the car; it may continue spraying. In the car, turn on the engine, it starts or continues to spray. Wipers do not work. Cannot stop the spray. It will eventually completely drain the fluid out of the bottom of the car. We have learned to back out of the garage when this happens so we don't dump the fluid on the garage floor. Once it has drained out, the "Stop Safely Now" message comes on and the engine cuts out and we can't drive the vehicle.

Sometimes this has occurred after a short stop/start. But yesterday the car was parked overnight and when we started it first thing in the morning, it occurred. We are at the point of considering getting rid of this vehicle. We take frequent long distance trips through the desert and we don't want to get stranded. If you have had similar issues, please share. Ford has not been able to identify the problem.

Old 10-13-2014, 09:29 AM
Enthusiast

Went to my local Ford Dealer last Monday. They were aware of the recall and that they had repaired my MECS problem in July 2013. They told me they would call me if there was any issue in the reimbursement request.

I expected to be waiting for a while, but on Saturday I received a check direct from the dealership. They rebated me the full service invoice of $608.80

Old 10-13-2014, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by thos19
I expected to be waiting for a while, but on Saturday I received a check direct from the dealership. They rebated me the full service invoice of $608.80
That's certainly good news! Those of us who did a DIY replacement will probably have to go through Ford directly for reimbursement. I'm expecting a fight as all I have is a simple receipt from Silver State Ford Parts.

Quick Reply: "Stop Safely Now"

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands