Took over the FEH from the wife

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 04:47 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Took over the FEH from the wife

We bought a 2006 FEH 4wd about a year ago, mainly for the wife (she didn't necessarily want a hybrid, but she wanted a small SUV to haul around 2 kids and I really wanted a hybrid in the family, so voila). I "settled" for a mercedes for my work commute.

Well after about a year, I realized that I liked the FEH more than my benz. Every weekend I would drive her FEH, and she would drive my car (assuming she didn't have to bring kids with her)! So I sold my benz, got her a new small-ish SUV (the acura rdx - tried to talk her into another FEH but she didn't want two of the same car, and the highlander hybrid or lexus 400h were way more money than we wanted to spend and didn't get much better mileage than the rdx), and I took over the FEH fulltime!

She had been getting about 26-27 mpg per tank in the FEH, but my first tank (thanks to what I have read on these boards) was 31 MPG!!! weeeee!

Old 05-24-2007, 06:56 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Took over the FEH from the wife

Originally Posted by oscars2212

She had been getting about 26-27 mpg per tank in the FEH, but my first tank (thanks to what I have read on these boards) was 31 MPG!!! weeeee!
Nice, you must be using the tricks you learned here.

I drive an 06 4WD FEH & I can easily get 31 mpg or so if I want to thanks to this board. I don't always do it, I sometimes revert to "normal driving" when I'm really busy at work/picking up the kids etc. but even when I get "only" 27-28 mpg to me that is simply outstanding for a 4WD SUV so I'm happy.

I had an 05 Chrysler T&C for a while & half the time I got 16 mpg with that thing driving it pretty much the same way..........

~John