Calling any post-April 2006 owners!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 07:35 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Calling any post-April 2006 owners!

To anyone who just recently bought a HAH (after April) or has gotten the software update:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell us you mileage and put it in the DB! The new software supposedly gains you some reasonably significant increase in MPG. We need to know what the real results are, and what it did to get them!

Thanks!

Old 06-12-2006, 05:59 PM
Default Re: Calling any post-April 2006 owners!

Is it backwards compatible?

Old 06-14-2006, 09:18 AM
Enthusiast

I couldn'tfigure out how to add my car to the database...I have a post April model...

Old 06-14-2006, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by gearmike
I couldn'tfigure out how to add my car to the database...I have a post April model...
You should be able to go into the "compare" section- the database- and under your name on the left margin should be a link to manage or add your cars.

Old 07-07-2006, 05:09 AM

so... anybody got a newer 2006 model? Care to tell us how your FE looks?

Old 07-07-2006, 08:16 AM
Active Enthusiast

Those of us with the early '06s should be getting a notice from Honda soon to get our ECMs reprogrammed. Then we'll know what difference there is.

Old 07-08-2006, 07:00 PM

you're the group I'm really interestd in- you can do the before/after determination.

Old 07-13-2006, 07:05 AM
Major Uranium Miner
Smile Re: Calling any post-April 2006 owners!

I purchased my 2006 HAH on April 27, 2006. According to the door panel date, it was assembled in Japan in late November 2005. I have no information if it has the updated programming or not.

My car is included on the GreenHybrid database a Casper Desert Mist.

So far I have been greatly pleased with the mileage, 24 to 33 in town and 34 to 42 on the highway. Lifetime 32.1 mpg. Somewhat better than the 2006 epa#s but about what I expected as I tend to get slightly better than epa on every vehicle I drive - except that with my work machines, pickup (Chevy) and SUV (Ford Expedition), I get less because of lots of off road miles.

In my experience the highway mileage is more affected by "external effects" like wind conditions, portion of city driving encountered, etc. on a tank than by "internal effects" like A/C, windows. That is except for one thing - I use the cruse a lot. I have noted, (but cannot back up with data), that I get 2-3 mpg better than my wife who does not like to use cruise.

The vehicle is a thrill to drive and ride in. Only one mechanical problem so far, the check fuel cap indicator came on during week two and baffled the service guys until they replaced the cap. Now all is fine.

Old 07-13-2006, 08:44 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by owenscasper
I purchased my 2006 HAH on April 27, 2006. According to the door panel date, it was assembled in Japan in late November 2005. I have no information if it has the updated programming or not.
According to Honda, the updated programming was only implemented on the assembly line in April 2006 so it is almost certain that your car does not have it. Not to worry though, the update should be available for free by the end of this month.

Old 07-13-2006, 12:34 PM
Enthusiast

I went by the local Honda dealer yesterday and asked about the update, they did not have any information. Hopefully once we get contacted by Honda about the update the dealerships will have the update.

Quick Reply: Calling any post-April 2006 owners!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands