factory foglights and sunroof

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 12:46 PM
Enthusiast
Default factory foglights and sunroof

Just bought our HAH. Pick it up tomorrow afternoon.

Two options that are missing that we both like are fog lights and a sunroof.

I see Honda offers factory fogs but I don't see on the bumper where they mount them. Can you get the factory fogs added?

Also anyone know why a sunroof isn't an option? Anyone have an aftermarket sunroof installed?

TIA
Brant

Old 10-22-2005, 01:16 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: factory foglights and sunroof

I hear the 2006 model has a sunroof option. It was killed on the 05 for weight and aerodynamics concerns. Hint- the 05 also has no spare tire, but the 06 does , I hear.

It sounds trivial, but these are the guys who also gave the HAH an aluminum hood, unlike the regular Accord, to save a few pounds.

No reason why you can't get a roof cut in, though. Just have the usual concerns with aftermarket sunroofs, though.

Old 10-22-2005, 02:16 PM
G.H. Contributor
Post Re: factory foglights and sunroof

Yes you can go to your dealer and have the dealer install (Honda) factory Fog-Lights and correct Fog-Light switch. They are however pricey.

Sunroof comes on 06 HAH and I have to tell you that I am really surprised that your sells rep did not tell you that the 06 HAH comes from the factory with the Sunroof already.

If you just picked up your HAH I think I would see if the dealer would not take it back and switch it for the 06 HAH with the upgraded front and rear end, plus the factory sunroof.

If not you still have a beautiful car and they really perform well. So either way you are still a winner because you are now a (Proud) Hybrid Owner. Right?

HTH

Terry

Old 10-24-2005, 07:05 AM
Enthusiast

The salesperson may have known about the sunroof in the 06 but when he told us that the 05 didn't have it we actually made a big deal about it. Perhaps he saw a potential lost sale.

Most Honda's that I've seen has the cutouts for the fog lights already in the bumper. You just remove the dummy panel and the hole is there. On our bumper there is not cutouts. that's why I question the addition of fog lights. I'm pretty handy and could do the intall myself if the cutouts where already there.

We do like the looks of the 06 a little better. However we got the 05 HAH soly because we could get it at the MSRP of the 06 Accord EX. We got a very good deal on the 05 HAH I think.
We put about 80 miles on the car the day we picked it up. So far we are very satisfied with it.

Old 10-24-2005, 06:12 PM
G.H. Contributor
Post Re: factory foglights and sunroof

Originally Posted by jenbrant
The salesperson may have known about the sunroof in the 06 but when he told us that the 05 didn't have it we actually made a big deal about it. Perhaps he saw a potential lost sale.

Most Honda's that I've seen has the cutouts for the fog lights already in the bumper. You just remove the dummy panel and the hole is there. On our bumper there is not cutouts. that's why I question the addition of fog lights. I'm pretty handy and could do the intall myself if the cutouts where already there.

We do like the looks of the 06 a little better. However we got the 05 HAH soly because we could get it at the MSRP of the 06 Accord EX. We got a very good deal on the 05 HAH I think.
We put about 80 miles on the car the day we picked it up. So far we are very satisfied with it.
Hi Brant; I am pretty sure that you have to cut out the slots for the Factory Foglights to fit into on the HAH. The lights are high and so is the labor and of course Labor varies at different dealers. My factory Fogs for my 05 Honda Civic Special Edition ran me $687.00 + Tax Installed. Very pricey indeed but I wanted them so I paid the price.

The reason I am telling you the cost on the Civic 05 Fog Lights of mine is I'm pretty sure the HAH is the same situation as far as the Fog Lights are concerned.
Good-Luck; and enjoy your HAH.

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 10-24-2005 at 06:17 PM.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:19 PM
Enthusiast

I worked mine into the deal when I bought the car. The car I wanted didn't have the fog lights but the dealer agreed to throw them in with the price of the car. Since I got them when I bought the car they are covered as part of the extended warranty.

There were no cutouts for the lights to begin with....

They work very well and highly recommend them.

Erich

Old 10-25-2005, 11:59 AM
Enthusiast

With a bit of research I have found a source for genuine Honda accessory's at discounted prices.
http://handa-accessories.com/

I plan on getting the auto-dimming rear view mirror. I might get the fog lights. I'll have to cut the bumper, but overall neither item looks to difficult to install.

Old 01-25-2006, 11:20 AM
Enthusiast

I recently had a Webasto Hollandia 735 Inbuilt sunroof installed on my 05 HAH. It came with a lifetime warrenty. I absolutely love it. It took two days for the installation and cost $1300. It comes with a fabric color matching sunshade. The installers had to move the dome light back a few inches to accomodate for the sunroof. I highly recommend it for anyone that wants to add a sunroof to there HAH. Visit http://www.webasto.us/home/en/homepage.html for more information and authorized dealers/installers for your state. Please ask questions if you have any.

Cheers,
Jigaman

Old 01-26-2006, 08:26 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

That is a cool sunroof. Which state are you in? Maybe some day I'll have one installed in my Civic. They had a lot of other cool stuff on their site as well. I like the Bluetooth phone kit.

Old 01-27-2006, 08:19 AM
Enthusiast

I'm in Washington State (the Seattle area). The company that did the intall was Auto Trim Design. I'll post pictures when I get the chance.

Cheers,
Jigaman

Quick Reply: factory foglights and sunroof

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands