glove box light

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 01:52 PM
Enthusiast
Default glove box light

OK, here's a wierd question.. If you close your glove box, does the light go off?

No, this is not philisophical nor a trick question.

My firend noticed, by sitting in the back seat and looking through the little crack of an opening on the glove box door, that the light stays on even if it's closed. This is while I was driving with the head lights on - I don't know if it happens when the car or lights are off.

Anyone know if this is normal? I don't want it stealing power from my IMA battery!

Old 08-30-2005, 01:56 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: glove box light

The Prius II does this as well. It turns off when the car isn't on, and it's a very small light, and perhaps even an LED (I haven't checked but it's amber) so there's really a minimal amount of power going to it. They probably save money not having to engineer the switch into the glovebox.

Old 08-31-2005, 04:06 AM

the hamsters need some light, or else they get scared, fall off their wheel, and won't assist in IMA charging, resulting in a .05HP reduction in output. And that is bad.

Old 11-29-2005, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by johnww
OK, here's a wierd question.. If you close your glove box, does the light go off?
The light is connected to the lightswitch on the column. When you turn your running lights on, the glovebox light comes on as well.

Originally Posted by johnww
I don't want it stealing power from my IMA battery!
It won't, when your running lamps are off!