major sound upgrade anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 08:09 PM
Enthusiast
Default major sound upgrade anyone?

hello everyone. am replacing the front and rear speakers and adding a 10" sub under the passanger seat (TS-SW1041D pionner, yes it should fit). powered by 2 separete amps located in the trunk. I would have to run speaker wire from the original deck (as I have navi and definatelly want to keep it) to amp #1's speaker level input in the trunk, then back to all 4 speakers. The sub will be powered by amp #2 also in the trunk which receives audio signals from amp #1 through an RCA pass through connector.

my concern is, will this mess up the ANC??? or anything else? what else should I be aware of? any ideas? suggestions?

lots of wiring to do, has anyone done anything like this to a hybrid with navi and voice activated commands and replies?

also, where can I find detail instructions on taking the dashboard apart, door panels, etc?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-31-2006, 05:50 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: major sound upgrade anyone?

*bump*

Old 01-04-2007, 06:04 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: major sound upgrade anyone?

Short answer: No one's ignoring you. No one truly knows. Not enough information about the ANC is available.

If you're determined to do this project, try it at your own risk, and report back to us on the outcome! But if I might make a suggestion, do it after your warranty expires. That way, the dealership can't deny any warranty claims due to aftermarket tinkering. An example is, some of us has had our ANC replaced under warranty. We were getting intermittent booming sounds from the speakers. The dealer replaced the ANC device and the two front speakers. If your ANC decides to fail (even if it wasn't the fault of your stereo upgrade) then the dealer can/may deny replacing those components under warranty.