Navi Update DVD

Old 11-27-2007, 07:23 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Navi Update DVD

I received a mailer yesterday saying this year's Navi update DVD is on sale for 20% off. $149 is still a lot of money for an update, though. It's just not worth it to me.

http://www.hondanavi.com/

Other updates I need aren't that expensive. My Mio update is only $15. My Garmin update is only $69.

And speaking of Garmins. I bought two extra Garmin c530s that I don't need. $250 shipped.

Last edited by bar10dah; 11-28-2007 at 11:47 AM.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Default Re: Navi Update DVD

I haven't updated my Navi DVD yet. Seeing that it's still running on a 2004 database, I thought I'd update it this year. Unfortunately, I haven't seen a thing about the DVD being released for this year yet. They usually come out in the first or second week of November every year. Their website doesn't mention anything about a pending release, so I called their 800 number. The lady I spoke to said she doesn't know when the next update will be released. I wonder if they stopped updating them? Maybe, nobody was buying them since they're $185 + shipping, so they decided to stop making them altogether? That would suck, if our Navis were no longer being supported.

If anyone gets a mailer about an update, please let me know.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:20 AM
hypermiler wannabe

Just got the card in my mailbox. (I live in Middle TN)
The hondanavi.com site is up w/ details. For my 06, it says the latest DVD is v4.73 which is a fairly big jump from the stock 4.31c that I have now. I'm thinking $155 is better than $200,($6 shipping) so I think I'll bite and order the update.

Old 12-18-2008, 02:47 PM

Thanks for thr reply. Yeah, I saw the update on their site a couple days ago. However, I haven't gotten my '20% off' mailer yet. If/when I get it, I'll order a new one myself.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:15 PM
hypermiler wannabe

Originally Posted by bar10dah
...If/when I get it, I'll order a new one myself.
No need to wait. There was no coupon or discount code on the mailer. I hit the hondanavi.com site, entered my year and model and got the discount automatically.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:22 PM

Doesn't apply to the '05 update.

Old 12-22-2008, 07:26 AM
hypermiler wannabe

Doesn't apply to the '05 update.
Bummer.

(FWIW, the update seems to add a ton of places where I don't live, so it's mostly pointless... but I saved 20%!)

Old 12-22-2008, 04:04 PM

Thanks. Maybe I'll just skip it again this year. The list of updated places aren't anywhere I plan on driving this year.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:24 AM

I received a letter in the mail a couple weeks ago saying I can call the 800 number to receive a 20% discount on the 2009 update disc for my '05 HAH. I finally gave in an ordered the update. But, I didn't call the 800 number, I just went to their website www.hondanavi.com and got the 20% there. So if anyone with an '05 HAH has been wanting an update but was waiting on the 20% coupon, none is needed. Just go to the website and you're good to go. Online doesn't say there's an expiration date on the sale. However the mailer I got said the 20% off was good until July 31, 2009.

I'll post updates to my Navi update here:
http://www.myhybridcar.com/forums/ho...vd-update.html

Last edited by bar10dah; 06-27-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:06 PM
Enthusiast

I wonder if they stopped updating them? Maybe, nobody was buying them since they're $185 + shipping, so they decided to stop making them altogether? That would suck, if our Navis were no longer being supported.

If anyone gets a mailer about an update, please let me know.
bar10dah, I doubt Navteq would stop supporting Honda with updated dvd's. I know Honda still has navigation as an option and I believe their navi's are the same as ours (I have an 05 HAH).

I'm guessing the update will be out later this year.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Navi Update DVD

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands