Plug-in Accord

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 02:42 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Plug-in Accord

Very nice, but with a *starting price* of $40K, awfully steep:

http://automobiles.honda.com/accord-plug-in/

I actually like this exterior design also. Very sharp looking car.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:23 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Plug-in Accord

I think they've got it priced way too high. Doubt if they will sell many. For about the same price the Volt will go 3 times as far in electric mode. I'm in California and I can't find any dealers that have them or really know anything about them. Kind of weird for a car that was supposed to be available 1-15-13. According to one dealer I talked to only a select few dealers will get them. I'd love to test drive one, but I doubt I'd buy one since the trunk space is so small and there is no spare tire. I will wait for the regular Accord hybrid this summer as it actually gets better mpg ratings.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:58 PM
Enthusiast

Bought one last week, dealers are now quoting prices thousands below MSRP. Most of my driving is close by so I'll be running over 50% electric (and fortunately my rooftop solar power system generates more than the household uses so that electricity is free!)

Handling is significantly better than my '08 Camry Hybrid, I wouldn't have imagined that a car that's 300 lbs. heavier feels so quick and agile!

Old 07-03-2013, 12:50 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Wow, that's a nice looking car. Congrats on the purchase.

Old 07-16-2013, 01:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

So how is the car so far RedwoodGeorge?

Tell us more!

What is on spec and actual experience you have?

How far can you run Electric alone and how is the speed? Can it keep up in City Driving without applying any gas engine power?

Old 02-09-2014, 02:09 PM
Enthusiast

I think that the 2014 Accord Hybrid would be a better buy. Here's my 2 cents. The only difference between the Plug-in and the regular Hybrid is: Plugin has larger capacity battery allowing the car the run longer in EV mode. The Hybrid has a smaller battery (less weight = better handling) The Hybrid is available in more color combinations. The Hybrid is available with full leather interior. Hybrid price difference too great to justify the plug-in vs. efficiency. The only great thing about the Plug-in is just that, the ability to "Plug-in". I guess it depends on your particular use of the vehicle. If you do most of your driving within 10 miles, then it's good but if you do a lot of mixed driving (hi way and city) then the Hybrid would be the better choice. I'm currently getting an average of 45 mpg per tank!!