Autodimming rearview mirror w/compass?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 09:33 AM
Double enthusiast
Default Autodimming rearview mirror w/compass?

My new HiHy/nav was supposedly tricked out with all the bells and whistles. But, I saw a friends non-hybrid and it had the mirror in question, while mine doesn't. Is it possible to purchase one and install in in place of the non-compass mirror?
By the way, I really like the car.

Old 03-08-2006, 04:53 AM
Automania Enthusiast
Default Re: Autodimming rearview mirror w/compass?

Originally Posted by Garobill
My new HiHy/nav was supposedly tricked out with all the bells and whistles. But, I saw a friends non-hybrid and it had the mirror in question, while mine doesn't. Is it possible to purchase one and install in in place of the non-compass mirror?
By the way, I really like the car.
If you have Nav it doesn't come with the compass in the mirror.

Old 03-08-2006, 08:14 AM
Double enthusiast

Yeah, I gathered that. Is it possible to purchase the mirror I want and replace the one that came with the car? There's a small compass (of sorts) on the nav screen, but not with the energy, audio, etc screens showing. And, the compass that's there is only a small arrow pointing towards north. Not really useable.

Old 03-08-2006, 08:25 AM
Automania Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Garobill
Yeah, I gathered that. Is it possible to purchase the mirror I want and replace the one that came with the car? There's a small compass (of sorts) on the nav screen, but not with the energy, audio, etc screens showing. And, the compass that's there is only a small arrow pointing towards north. Not really useable.
Not sure, I would assume, which can get you in trouble, it would be possible if you ordered the kit, as I would think it would be adaptable to all Highlander's and Toyota just 'assumed' with the NAV no one would want it. Maybe one of the Totoya guys would know for sure.