High Idle in Winter

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 04:47 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default High Idle in Winter

Just out of curiosity is anyone experiencing an unusual high idle in winter when the defrost (AC) is on. It seems like the idle jumps up quite a bit when I set it on that but if I turn the fan off at a stoplight the engine stops right away and goes into EV mode as I would expect. Not sure if this is normal or if maybe there is excessive current draw or a problem with my traction battery causing this higher than normal idle.

Old 05-17-2014, 02:27 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: High Idle in Winter

After some troubleshooting it appears the high idle may be related to disconnecting the 12v battery (there is a throttle relearn procedure that is supposed to be done after that......can be done with mini VCI). It may also have been my issue with the traction battery so hard to tell exactly the issue at this point. In any case now that the traction battery is fixed the issue has not returned at all.

Last edited by MTL_HiHy; 05-25-2014 at 03:19 AM.