Highlander Hybrid Navigation System in Canada

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 07:15 PM
Enthusiast
Default Highlander Hybrid Navigation System in Canada

All,
Does anyone here have a HiHy with the Navigation system purchased in Canada? I have read on other forums that the Canadian version doesn't have the Energy Monitor (on either model), is this true if so why? (my FEH does have it)

I am about to purchase a AWD standard with the navigation system added at purchase by the Dealer and i was told it wouldn't have the Energy Monitor display, does anyone else (in Canada preferably) have this combination and can tell me if this is true?

If it is it sounds like the non-hybrid navigation system is being installed in Canadadian HiHy's.... Can anyone here help with information that i use to convince the dealer if not true, (can the limited Navigation system if it does have the energy monitor be installed on the non limited?)

Thanks
Dave

Old 04-17-2006, 08:53 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Highlander Hybrid Navigation System in Canada

So..... I went an payed for my HyHi today and pick it up Thu.
Story on Energy Monitor display is that the 'Correct' navigation system for the HYHi is not supplied in Canada at all even for the Limited, if you order it you will receive the system that is fitted to standard Highlanders that slots out of the Dash where the Stereo is. It has no integration with the rest of the Cars information systems such as Temperature or Energy status.

If anyone in Toyota is reading this, this is very very dumb.... why treat Canada different? It even costs the same as the 'correct one' Ford didn't do anything different my FEH was the same spec as the USA model.

To get the best from a hybrid you need good feedback and a bar graph showing the consumption every 30s for the last 15min (what the ford does) or even every 5 minutes for the last 30? as the USA model navigation does (and even the prius in Canada), makes drivers get better MPG by giving good feedback on the effects of driving style. It was what got me to 28-33Mpg on my FEH 4wd... so effectivly you are denying the opportunity for Canadians to get the best out of their vehicles.....

Yes there is a Dash display of 'Instant MPG' and Tank (if you reset) but it doesn't give any usefull instant trend)

Sorry about the flame but this was very nearly a deal breaker.... Toyota i expect better of you.

Dave