Just got one of these beauties... wow!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 09:21 PM
Lexus fan
Thumbs up Just got one of these beauties... wow!

Just got a used 2007 GS 450H with 13983 miles on it for $57,000. It is red with all the bells and whistles.

All I can say is...wow. This car is the ultimate in luxury and it hauls when I want it to. The crazy thing is, I watch the gas milage every second. Keep trying to get the mpg higher and higher. It's funny that I have a fast luxury sedan and mpg is all I pay attention to.

I have had 1 fill up and got 24.5 mpg. I am still getting used to the hybrid system, so it's a little weird trying to get the ICE to turn off as much as possible.

I find the shift between ICE and EV very seamless and smooth.

My goal is 26 mpg on my next tank.

If anyone has any questions about it, just ask.

Dave

Old 08-19-2007, 09:55 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Just got one of these beauties... wow!

sounds good, congrats!!

Old 10-24-2007, 10:01 PM
Enthusiast

Congratulations!

I've had my Camry Hybrid for about a year and I love the reliability, the "Toyota" ergonomics, the hybrid system, and the efficiency. But driving it... Boy, I miss my Audi's dynamics!

So I got to thinking about the GS450h. I have an appointment to go test-drive a 350 but I am putting it off as my pocketbook won't like it at all.

Last night I saw a GS350 parked next to my Camry Hybrid. I think they are both nice-looking cars, but next to the Camry the GS is just - wow. Beautiful.

Hope you still like yours, and apparently you are the only actual GS owner on the forum!

Old 11-02-2007, 12:55 PM
Active Enthusiast

Post some pix of your GS. I test drove the LS600h, and didn't think that it drove any better than the LS460. I think that it is too heavy.

Good luck with the GS!

Old 11-02-2007, 09:36 PM
Lexus fan

I will post pictures soon. I have to say that I love this car a lot and get between 23-25 mpg regularly. That may not sound like a lot, but for a 340HP car with under 5 second 0-60 its pretty dang impressive. That electric motor adds a ton of torque in a moments notice and it is incredibly satisfying to drive. Only problem is that you can be going 90 and have no idea because of the silent ride even on the freeway. It is so smooth you don't realize you are 25-30 miles over the limit.

The comfort features are outstanding. I really like the leather seat coolers. They blow cool air onto you butt from underneath the seat. On a hot day in Southern California it is a God-send.

I only have 1 complaint and it is similar to a lot of TCH owners. Little trunk space. When I travel for work, (sometimes overseas) I can only pack 1 suitcase and have it fit in the trunk. Any more and it goes in the back seat.

I will get some pics up of the inside and outside soon.

Old 11-02-2007, 09:39 PM
Lexus fan

Originally Posted by Ormond
Post some pix of your GS. I test drove the LS600h, and didn't think that it drove any better than the LS460. I think that it is too heavy.

Good luck with the GS!
Oh, I ran across an LS600H the other day. It is quite a bit bigger than the GS450h but at twice the cost, it is NOT twice the car. It was being offered at $125k by the dealership. I bought mine for $57k. The 600h is a ridiculous waste of money.

Old 11-03-2007, 05:35 AM
HypoFueler

Originally Posted by ddolak
Oh, I ran across an LS600H the other day. It is quite a bit bigger than the GS450h but at twice the cost, it is NOT twice the car. It was being offered at $125k by the dealership. I bought mine for $57k. The 600h is a ridiculous waste of money.
I ran across a GS450h the other day. It 340hp is quite a bit bigger than my HCH2 but at three times the cost, it is NOT three times the car. The GS450h is a ridiculous waste of money.....

Just jealous - I will now slip into my NOMEX suit.....

Old 11-13-2007, 10:13 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ddolak

The LS600HL is not a waste of money. It's for someone who can appreciate the value and beauty of the car. It's one of the most if not the most technologically advanced vehicle that is out there and it happens to be a Hybrid.

Old 11-16-2007, 02:59 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Amen to that... !!!

Old 06-21-2008, 02:48 PM
04 prius 350,000km

haha with a car like that i wouldn't give a rat's @ss about coasting free state neutral, i'd be more concerned about smoking 350z's and WrXes and then yelling 25 mpg ***** when you cross the finish line!

best of all i heard it corners like a dream http://www.canadiandriver.com/hemihybrid/index.htm

Quick Reply: Just got one of these beauties... wow!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands