Adding Factory Nav, WITH energy screens into Canadian (or U.S.) Camry

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 10:36 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Adding Factory Nav, WITH energy screens into Canadian (or U.S.) Camry

Hi Lonewolf,I just tapped into behind the nav unit where you will see 3 black and white plug in wires in a row,just tap your black and white wires up to one of them.

Old 05-22-2016, 12:01 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Adding Factory Nav, WITH energy screens into Canadian (or U.S.) Camry

Hi there,

I have a Canadian 2007 Camry Hybrid with a JBL non-nav unit that I would like to upgrade with either hybrid nav (E7011) or non-hybrid nav (E7012). I am not an electronic genius and prefer the easiest option (ie avoid splicing wires) like plug & play instead of plug & pray. Nice to have the energy screens if possible. Can someone kindly PM me the step by step instructions and parts list if (ie antenna) you have it handy. I located a separate thread that provides information on how hook up the backup camera. I will PM Dan G as he seems to guru with upgrade.

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-09-2017, 09:45 AM
Enthusiast

Sorry for reviving such an old thread. I have a 07 TCH with JBL. Do I need anything besides the 7011 Nav unit? The 3 required cables are at the back or do I need to buy anything else? I have a message out to a couple of people who were able to add nav and wanted to post here as well.

Old 10-12-2018, 12:19 AM
Enthusiast

@Dan, if you see this, could you please PM with the instructions on getting the ignition sense wire hooked up in order for thw energy monitor to come on. I do have the E7011 wired up. I got the aux working as well, wires needed to be separated from the old in dash 6 disc changer's harness.
For the Can bus h and l wires, I tapped into the yaw rate sensor after studying the diagrams carefully. I believe I'm just missing that 3rd wire. Thanks in advance.

Old 02-06-2021, 02:17 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dang
Gang....

So, finally got a Nav into a Canadian Camry with the energy screens working. Pics below.

Many Many thanks to JHSmith from this forum for providing the critical part information, and to Rosner Toyota of Fredericksburg who got me the correct Nav unit.

The good news:
It's actually pretty easy to install. It only requires 3 more wires compared to the non-hybrid Nav system, 2 CAN buss wires, and an ignition sense wire. The CAN wires are located right behind the Nav, and the ignition sense wire is behind the trim on the left where the mirror controls are.
It does everything the one they install from the factory does, no exceptions.

The bad news:
If you already have a Nav unit, you are screwed. They are different units.
As per JHSmith and confirmed by me:

Non-Hybrid Unit
Lower left of face: E7012
Part Number: 86120-06390

Hybrid Unit:
Lower left of face: E7011
Part Number: 86120-33A30

It would appear the CAN module required to get the information for the energy screens is not even in the Non-Hybrid units.

Part two of the bad news is the price. Currently the only source I know of for these is the dealer, and as you can imagine, it's not the cheapest thing in the world buying one of these from a dealer.

But, at least I can confirm it is possible to do. Once again, big thanks to JHSmith!

If anyone wants more info on connecting it up, or converting from the radio to either hybrid or non-hybrid Nav, PM me and I can send you some info.

Later!

Dang
Hey Dang i’ve acquired all the harnesses and parts to finish my oem retrofit for my 2007 camry Hybrid GPS NAV system. Its at my mechanics right know and we’ve hit a small roadbblock involving the wiring on the new 5 pin Harness that must be installed/spliced. We have the original instruction pdf files for installing the system but the PDF file does not say where the wiring placement for the AE5-blue speed signal, and the AE6-Yellow reverse signal attache/what pin/color wire to splice them into. Ill attach some pictures to help show what were dealing with. If theirs any extra wiring information that you think may be useful to me could you forward that as well. My email is mohsen.sumbal303@gmail.com All information and documents would be god sent. Thanks everyone, have a great healthily year and see you on the roads.

Old 02-06-2021, 04:56 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jetttstream
5-pin harness (ebay seller toyolexnavspec), lockpick 2, BEC-106 camera, and the mysterious steering wheel y-harness and mic connector HAVE arrived (these two from canada).

I am now only waiting on my GPS antenna!

One note---if you were to install a lockpick 2 and couldn't locate a 5-pin harness, you could spice the wires into the lockpick T-connector...just an fyi. I like 'plug and play' setups.

I'd like to thank Guelph Toyota for shipping me the harness and mic connector from Ontario over to Michigan!!

Hey Jett it’s 2021 and I need some help. I acquired all the harnesses and parts to finish my oem retrofit for my 2007 camry Hybrid GPS NAV system. Its at my mechanics right know and we’ve hit a small roadbblock involving the wiring on the new 5 pin Harness that must be installed/spliced. We have the original instruction pdf files for installing the system but the PDF file does not say where the wiring placement for the AE5-blue speed signal, and the AE6-Yellow reverse signal attache/what pin/color wire to splice them into. Ill attach some pictures to help show what were dealing with. If theirs any extra wiring information that you think may be useful to me could you forward that as well. My email is mohsen.sumbal303@gmail.com All information and documents would be god sent. Thanks everyone, have a great healthily year and see you on the roads.

Old 07-24-2022, 08:10 PM
Enthusiast

Hey all. I have a 2007 TCH and with the factory JBL Non Navagation and I just purchased a JBL Navagation head unit E7011 with all the factory plugs came with the used head unit. I am still a bit confused on what other parts I need? I figured I would get the OEM GPS antenna module. Do I still need C0069-33010-W2 Aux & Steering & C0069-33010-W3 Mic Connector ? Does anyone have the PDF installation instructions? I see it mentioned but do not see them anywhere. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to get this done for my daughter as her first car. Thanks