Best Means for Tracking an Ordered TCH

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 09:04 AM
Enthusiast
Default Best Means for Tracking an Ordered TCH

Greetings all. I just joined this site since I ordered a TCH. What is the best way to track its build/delivery status? Any direct way other than communicating with the dealer?

Old 08-20-2006, 09:08 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Best Means for Tracking an Ordered TCH

None that I know of, Tumbler.

I remember my BMW was trackable via their website, but it still showed the car in transit and 3 days out when it arrived at my dealership.

You may try to ask the dealer if they can send you a vehicle inquiry report...that will show eta at port and eta at dealership. They may balk at doing so, because it will show invoice cost, etc., but if they mention that, I'd tell them to make a copy that hides that information.

Old 08-20-2006, 10:05 AM
Active Enthusiast

My understanding is that dealers are allocated cars when they arrive in port. They'll receive notice of the cars that are coming to them, and a week or so later those cars will arrive at the dealership. My salesperson calls me now and then to tell me that my car's NOT on the list yet, and she mentions the rare TCH that's coming but not yet sold. I could buy a differently equipped TCH sooner if I wanted, but I'm enjoying the wait for the TCH with my favorite options. BUT, I've been waiting six weeks, and if September rolls along with no mag gray TCH, (all but nav) I may go for a different one.

Old 08-20-2006, 11:31 AM
Active Enthusiast

More often than not, dealers are allocated the vehicle POST production but PRIOR to hitting port. The port is such a highly oiled machine, the dealers need a week or so lead time to properly equip the vehicles with any port installed options. This is because Toyota uses Kaizen logistics in manufacturing, making sure that everything is scheduled properly for 'just in time' manufacturing...eliminating inefficiencies.

Just an fyi...