Brake Light & Check VSC System

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 09:57 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Brake Light & Check VSC System

Originally Posted by GeorgiaHybrid
The cruise control shutting off when the brakes are applied occur on any car. That is a safety issue to cut the engine rpm's when the brakes are applied.
I was not touching the brake. All that was happening was the brake fluid level was jiggling low and bringing up the brake light warning. The same circuit was disabling the cruise control. The dash brake light of course does not come on when you touch the brakes.

In going back to the original post:

"Recently, I noticed that sometimes the Brake light turned on while I am driving. Is this indication that I need to replace the brakes? Then, in a day when I turned on the car on, a "Check VSC System" message appears. When the car moved, the message went. Is this related to the brake? The brake light still turning on randomly. No Check engine light, the brake's oil is good."

The root problem seems to be the brake light coming on, not the VSC.

Last edited by Ron AKA; 11-23-2012 at 10:01 AM.