Bye Bye TCH and good luck to you all

Old 12-29-2006, 08:36 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Bye Bye TCH and good luck to you all

I joined this forum a few months ago when I got my TCH. I found this a great place to exchange information and the user base was helpful and freindly, unlike other forums where you get flamed for stating your opinion. My TCH was a decent car, but int he end its ergonomic quirks and abundance of squeaks, rattles and interior quality issues drove me to trade it and go back to my sport sedans. I thought I woudl get used to the TCH and enjoy it, but I gave up too much coming from Infiniti I30, I35, 04 TL and 06TL. The poor port leather, the sagging forn seta, the quirky HVAC operation the crappy LCD on the non-navi and the 9 character cut off for Sirus were too much for me. Yeha I did well on gas, my average was 36.2 for the life of the car and Uncle Sam is giving me $2600 for owning the car, but in the end I leanred that year one cars are not worth it. If I am not happy driving it, it does nto matter how much it saves me! So year I took a hit and increased my costs, and I went back to a 07 TL, but while my wallet will hate me, I will at least be happier driving it. I want to thank you all for such a great community here and wish you all the best fo luck with your TCH and nothing but good luck and happienss in the coming new year! I hope Toyota listens to the feedback and improves the TCH over time and maybe some day when they have a XLE featured TCH I will be back.

Old 12-29-2006, 01:25 PM
Default Re: Bye Bye TCH and good luck to you all

Nice having you around. I too came out of a TL. They are great cars, but do suck Premium gas. I miss my memory seats, lighted vanity mirrors, HID and driving lights etc. Overall I am happy with my decision to trade out and get the TCH. I am also a bit disappointed with the fit and finish of the Camrys in general. I hope Toyota is not slipping.

Old 12-29-2006, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by FL07THC
Nice having you around. I too came out of a TL. They are great cars, but do suck Premium gas. I miss my memory seats, lighted vanity mirrors, HID and driving lights etc. Overall I am happy with my decision to trade out and get the TCH. I am also a bit disappointed with the fit and finish of the Camrys in general. I hope Toyota is not slipping.
My thinking is Toyota has to cut somewhere, they can't justify huge premium as the quality gap is tight especially as the Americans catch up and the Koreans are right there now with Hyundai. I woudl bet Toyota was not expecting such tight competition and now has to take a few short cuts to get decent product to market to compete. I would put my 93 Camry V6 XLE up agaisnt any 07 Camry and the difference in build quality would be very visible, especially on the interiors.

Old 12-29-2006, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by kluken
My thinking is Toyota has to cut somewhere, they can't justify huge premium as the quality gap is tight especially as the Americans catch up and the Koreans are right there now with Hyundai. I woudl bet Toyota was not expecting such tight competition and now has to take a few short cuts to get decent product to market to compete. I would put my 93 Camry V6 XLE up agaisnt any 07 Camry and the difference in build quality would be very visible, especially on the interiors.
I have been saying that the interior build quality is better in my Highlander and I also seamed better in my Moms 03 Camry SE.

Old 12-30-2006, 04:43 AM
Active Enthusiast

Interesting that none of the things you mention seem to be related to the hybrid, they could apply to any Camry, which is far from being a year one car.

Old 12-30-2006, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by CCRGMac
Interesting that none of the things you mention seem to be related to the hybrid, they could apply to any Camry, which is far from being a year one car.
All 07 Camrys are year one cars, this it the first model year of this body style. Typiclaly when someone refers to a year one car they mean for a totally new model or totally redesigned and the 07 is basically a totally redesigned car. About the only thing carried over is the 2.4L 4cyl, even the 3.5 is new in the camry, but at least was in the Avalon last year, and look at the Auto trans probelms those people were having. I guess we expect more from the Japanese makers, but in reality they make mistakes like other makers. They tend to make less mistakes and their cars last longer with less trouble, but they have their fair share of issues as well!

Old 12-30-2006, 09:02 PM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons

Kluken - sorry to see you leaving us.
I've purchased a number of 1st year vehicles. The 2007 TCH is the latest. The 2002 Avalanche 2500 is another along with the 2001 PT Cruiser - we still own them all.
We've not been disappointed yet with these three.
I find the fit and finish of my TCH to be so far beyond the Ford, GM and Chrysler vehicles that I find it hard to fathom a car being actually better for the same kind of money.
I must follow all this up with the fact that out of over 100 cars and trucks that I've owned in my life - this is my very first Toyota..

Old 12-31-2006, 10:33 AM
Enthusiast

I have owned several Camry's over the years, the last being a 2006 LE before my TCH. Some days I feel at the end of my rope regarding interior quality issues. While I love every other aspect of the car, the number of rattles, noises, etc. is extremely disconcerting. To date, my dealer has not been successful in permanent fixes for any of them. My 2006 LE was much tighter and inspired more confidence in longevity. At times, my TCH reminds me of VW Rabbit I owned in the 80's, with respect to rattles, vibrations, etc.

Old 12-31-2006, 11:01 AM
Are We Having Fun Yet?

To the OP: Yeah, it's worth it to give up the HyCam and screw the environment. With more greedy selfish people like you, the planet will crap out even sooner.

Frankly, if you wanted a luxury car, while the Camry is indeed a high end car for Toyota, it's not the highest from them. Sounds like you did not buy the car for any environmental reasons. Which is a shame.

Remember, in a Toyota branded Hybrid, every time you let off the gas, you are not polluting. Which adds up to a cleaner planet.

But, you don't care, right? Good luck with your conscience.

Old 12-31-2006, 11:32 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by TJandHybrids
To the OP: Yeah, it's worth it to give up the HyCam and screw the environment. With more greedy selfish people like you, the planet will crap out even sooner.

Frankly, if you wanted a luxury car, while the Camry is indeed a high end car for Toyota, it's not the highest from them. Sounds like you did not buy the car for any environmental reasons. Which is a shame.

Remember, in a Toyota branded Hybrid, every time you let off the gas, you are not polluting. Which adds up to a cleaner planet.

But, you don't care, right? Good luck with your conscience.
Go ahead, play the Green Card.
Jeeesh.
The OP had (what he perceved) legitimate gripes.
Would everyone dump a TCH because of his reasons? No.
But what's important to one isn't necessarily important to another.
Just because he dumps the TCH is no reason to dump on him on not caring about the environment.
I think environmental extremists do more harm.

Last edited by schmidtj; 12-31-2006 at 11:36 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bye Bye TCH and good luck to you all

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands