GreenHybrid Interactive Hybrid Car Resource
Home Discuss Articles Compare Share Shop
GreenHybrid.com   Hybrid Car Forums   Tech Information   Mileage & Specs   Photo Gallery   Buying Guide  
GreenHybrid Mileage Database - Click here to track your MPG! Join Hybrid car discussions today - Create a FREE GreenHybrid Account

Go Back   GreenHybrid - Hybrid Cars > Hybrid Cars > Toyota Motor Corporation > Toyota Camry Hybrid
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read GarageUsed Cars Add a Tank TSB & Recalls

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-19-2013, 08:23 PM
Enthusiast

Hybrids: Toyota Camry 07
Default Check VSC System - Multiple warning lights permanently on

07 Camry hybrid with about 95K miles just had multiple lights come on permanently. See attached image. Been about 2 days and I haven't driven it since - using the wife's car for everything. Buddy of mine that works for Toyota in another state said it's no big deal. Said they'll probably just reset the computer when I take it in but I'm not taking any chances with two kids in the back seat. Tried opening and closing the gas tank but that didn't do anything.

1 - Check VSC System
2 - Red "BRAKE" indicator (brake system warning light)
3 - Yellow indicator (brake system warning light)
4 - Master warning light
5 - ABS indicator

Called the dealer and they suggested I don't drive it (liability reasons I'm sure) so before taking it in I wanted to find out what the problem could be. I see from various older posts that it could be anything from a low brake fluid to worn pads to a bad sensor which means it could range in price from a few bucks for some brake fluid to a few thousand bucks.

Will have to hold off till end of month for my commission check before taking it in just in case they slap me with a 1-2k bill but I'll be sure to let you know what the verdict is. If anyone has any suggestions I'm wide open.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fellsmere-20130819-00132.jpg (85.0 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by noproblem07camry; 08-19-2013 at 08:29 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-20-2013, 01:47 AM

Hybrids: Camry
Default Re: Check VSC System - Multiple warning lights permanently on

Before you have a panic attack, do you have or know someone that has a basic scan tool that will read ABS codes? Without that code/codes, no one here could offer a suggestion on what to do.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-20-2013, 04:50 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaHybrid View Post
Before you have a panic attack, do you have or know someone that has a basic scan tool that will read ABS codes? Without that code/codes, no one here could offer a suggestion on what to do.

Thx for the response GeorgiaHybrid. Unfortunately I don't know any one who has a scan tool. Don't think I'll be able to keep it in the garage till end of month either. Will have to take it in tomorrow and have the dealer run a diagnostic test. Depending on the cost, I'll either take care of everything or have them do a temporary fix. Will keep the forum posted.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:08 AM
Enthusiast

Well... here's the verdict.

DTC C1249 - Brake light switch replacement. Switch assy = $39.54 and labor = $99.50
DTC C1391 - Brake accumulator assembly. Actuator assy = $3,079 brake fluid = $16, and labor = $298.

Total quote = $3,532.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:25 AM

Hybrids: Camry

You just had the worst case scenario happen with a Camry Hybrid braking system. There have been several users with an accumulator that needed to be replaced. Not so many that is seems to be an issue like the water pumps are but that doesn't ease the pain of paying for it when it happens.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:30 PM
Professor Emeritus

Hybrids: 2008 TCH

I would be salvaging that part! Toyota is "gouging" people on this part. It is really ridiculous. They should make it right. I remember reading somewhere that Toyota DOES consider this a part of the Hybrid system and is attached to the Hybrid warranty. I would hold their feet to the fire until you hear otherwise. If necessary contact Toyota directly and go "around the dealer" if they give you any Sh@t.

What is stopping you from going to a salvage yard and getting that part of a newer model as a last resort? I wonder what differences there are in that part (if any) between 2007 and 2011? Curious....

2008 TCH

Mag. Grey on Black

Approaching 200,000 miles
Old 08-28-2013, 02:30 PM

Tags
2007, accumulator, altima, assembly, brake, camry, check, highlander, hybrid, lexus, light, lights, nissan, prius, rx400h, system, toyota, vsc, warning