Factory Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 12:17 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Factory Alarm

Anyone here have the factory alarm (or maybe even an aftermarket alarm)?

I would assume the factory alarm works similar to a non-factory alarm in when the car gets broken into that the alarm will sound? Furthermore, you have to push a button on your 'remote' to deactivate the alarm.

If this is the case then my questions is...will the alarm deactivate when you walk up and pull on the door handle to open it (if the door is locked). One of the things I like about the FOB is that I don't have to pull it out of my pocket to unlock the doors. I can just walk up to the door (with FOB on person) and open the doors. Will having the factory alarm eliminate me from doing that? Will having the factory alarm require me to pull the FOB out of my pocket to deactivate the alarm and open the doors?

I guess I should ask the question about activating the alarm too. Will pushing on the black button on the door handle active the alarm?

Thanks

Old 02-05-2007, 12:59 PM
Beyond AM. Beyond FM.
Default Re: Factory Alarm

The Toyoya iGuide http://www.toyotaiguide.com/iGuide_CamryHybrid.htm will answer your questions. The fob never has to leave your pocket, and the alarm will arm and disarm as you lock or open the door.

Old 02-05-2007, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by jay_man2
The Toyoya iGuide http://www.toyotaiguide.com/iGuide_CamryHybrid.htm will answer your questions. The fob never has to leave your pocket, and the alarm will arm and disarm as you lock or open the door.
Where in there did you see that? I looked through the obvious areas and didn't see where they said you could activate and deactivate the alarm without taking the FOB out of your pocket.

Old 02-05-2007, 03:34 PM
Beyond AM. Beyond FM.

Get into the iGuide for the Hybrid, click "Keys and Doors" in the red column, click "Keys" in the blue column, then click on "To find out more, turn to page 22 of your owners manual or click here." Then scroll down to pages 49-50 of the "manual" that comes up. Walking up and opening the door will deactivate the alarm, and locking the doors, either by pushing the interior panel lock button and closing the door, or pushing the door handle button on a closed door, will lock the car and the alarm will activate after 30 seconds.

Old 02-05-2007, 04:13 PM

Get into the iGuide for the Hybrid, click "Keys and Doors" in the red column, click "Keys" in the blue column, then click on "To find out more, turn to page 22 of your owners manual or click here." Then scroll down to pages 49-50 of the "manual" that comes up. Walking up and opening the door will deactivate the alarm, and locking the doors, either by pushing the interior panel lock button and closing the door, or pushing the door handle button on a closed door, will lock the car and the alarm will activate after 30 seconds.

Got it! Thanks. Now that alarm sounds like it's something that comes standard with the car? It doesn't sound like an aftermarket factory alarm? Is that what you gather?

Old 02-05-2007, 04:57 PM
Beyond AM. Beyond FM.

Originally Posted by tnsig
Got it! Thanks. Now that alarm sounds like it's something that comes standard with the car? It doesn't sound like an aftermarket factory alarm? Is that what you gather?
It's factory, not aftermarket. Standard equipment.

Old 02-05-2007, 06:14 PM
Enthusiast

It's factory, not aftermarket. Standard equipment.
Factory? You mean the port installed V5?

Old 02-06-2007, 06:14 AM
Dazed and Confused

I have the port installed alarm, and it work seamlessly with the key fob. I don't have to push any extra buttons, all I have to do is grab the door handle, and wait for the beep then open the door.

Someone mentioned the TCH does not use motion detectors on the alarm, I have not tested this, but if it does not, I am a little PO'd about it. The only reason I wanted the alarm is to know when the car has been broken into if I am around it. I have had my truck broken into twice when I was within sight of the truck (both times at a strip shopping center near a highway).

Old 02-06-2007, 07:05 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The factory alarm arms itself, even if the doors are left unlocked! I found this out to my surprize when I opened my TCH in the garage to get something out of the glove box. I was sitting in the car for about 10-15 seconds and suddenly the lights and horn started going off. I had to go get my key fob to reset it.

Old 02-06-2007, 01:17 PM
Dazed and Confused

I have not had that happen to me.

I wonder if that is a setting that can be changed.

Quick Reply: Factory Alarm

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands