Help with my new TCH

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 12:59 PM
Enthusiast
Default Help with my new TCH

I am going on two weeks now with my new TCH, and I LOVE it!

I have found some minor annoyances that I hope you all can help me with. Has anyone figured out how to turn off the "I Agree" screen on the Nav system? Gosh, I get it already! Don't look and drive! Also, I've found that the recycled air button comes on automatically when I start the car and I have to keep turning it off to get fresh air.

Thanks for your help!

Old 05-19-2007, 01:04 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Help with my new TCH

Originally Posted by GoGreenGirl

I have found some minor annoyances that I hope you all can help me with. Has anyone figured out how to turn off the "I Agree" screen on the Nav system? Gosh, I get it already! Don't look and drive! Also, I've found that the recycled air button comes on automatically when I start the car and I have to keep turning it off to get fresh air.

Thanks for your help!
As I understand it you cannot bypass the "I Agree" screen.

As for the re-circulated air on start-up that can be changed by your dealer so it defaults to outside air.

Old 05-19-2007, 06:37 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for your reply, Sooty! I'll talk to my dealer.

Old 05-21-2007, 04:45 AM
Active Enthusiast

Ask your dealer to change the air inlet mode to "manual." Mine did it for me at no charge when I had it in for an oil change.

Old 05-22-2007, 08:38 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

There is a override hack out for the honda gps map screen. I would supect the same exist for TCH

Old 05-22-2007, 05:26 PM

There was somebody selling device that would over ride "I agree" screen and Nav programing lockout on Prius, but I'm not sure it would work on TCH, especially the new 6.1 version. We need somebody who knows how to program software to make changes on the disc but I haven't seen anything yet. It shouldn't be difficult to find which routine accesses "I agree" memory string and replace conditional jump with hard jump, but I have nothing to disassemble the program, anyone?

Old 05-24-2007, 05:26 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by Pete4
I have nothing to disassemble the program, anyone?
I have a Craftsman 100 piece toolkit. Would that help?

Old 05-24-2007, 06:17 AM
Led-footed HyBrid geek

Originally Posted by GoGreenGirl

Thanks for your help!
The recirculate setting changes as the car deems neccesary. If it needs to work hard to get to the temp you are requesting, it stays in recirc mode. It's trying to be as efficient as possible. If you turn on defrost it goes to fresh air.
that said...I've notice my system set on fresh intake without any action on my part. I think it was because the cabin temp was near the temp I was requesting.

As for the agree screen, we are out of luck. There is a "hack" to enable many options that get disabled when in motion but that does not include the "I Agree" screen. The hack requires you to created a modified DVD for your NAV
[/FONT]

Last edited by wilsons66604; 05-24-2007 at 06:22 AM.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by wilsons66604
The recirculate setting changes as the car deems neccesary. If it needs to work hard to get to the temp you are requesting, it stays in recirc mode. It's trying to be as efficient as possible. If you turn on defrost it goes to fresh air.
that said...I've notice my system set on fresh intake without any action on my part. I think it was because the cabin temp was near the temp I was requesting.
I personally leave it in recirc mode because I cannot stand the exhausted from other cars getting into mine.

Old 09-26-2007, 03:52 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by klynch
Ask your dealer to change the air inlet mode to "manual." Mine did it for me at no charge when I had it in for an oil change.
It has been annoying me too, so I took it to the dealer and they said it was not possible to change the air intake settings. There is no manual air intake in their computer settings.

How can I prove to them that it can be changed to stop auto recirc mode?

Quick Reply: Help with my new TCH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands