Homelink problems - why doesn't mine work?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 06:49 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Homelink problems - why doesn't mine work?

Mine runs both garage doors and my gate. SK

Old 10-19-2006, 07:00 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I did spend close to an hour trying to program my garage opener. At the end I gave up all together. I got to the point where everything was working as it should, untill next morning when it didn't work anymore. Well, at least I transfered my whole phone book despite Verizon telling me they don't support that function, no mention of it in my phone manual and misleading terminology. As they say you win some and loose some.

Old 10-19-2006, 07:39 PM
Too Smug

I had the same problem - if I recall correctly, the TCH manual actually omits an important step. Try this web site:

http://www.homelink.com/home/home.tml

I found it very easy to follow their instructions. My Homelink was working in no time! When I did this back in June they didn't have training instructions specifically for the TCH but I found that the 2006 Camry instructions worked just fine.

Good luck.

Old 10-19-2006, 07:59 PM
Enthusiast

I had the same problem at first. Then I guessed correctly... could it have been programmed by someone else before I took delivery? Yep! I believe you hold the two outside buttons (1 & 3) at the same time to erase it... then you can program it properly.
Good luck.

Old 10-19-2006, 09:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FAB IIII
I had the same problem at first. Then I guessed correctly... could it have been programmed by someone else before I took delivery? Yep! I believe you hold the two outside buttons (1 & 3) at the same time to erase it... then you can program it properly.
Good luck.

AGREED, although I know I was the only civilian (non toyota) butt in that seat, I had a HELL of a time programming my homelink, even though very familiar with the system because I'd had it in numerous cars previously.

I do remember after MUCH grief, I held down buttons one and three to clear the memory, and it reprogrammed after that like a charm.

Old 10-19-2006, 10:01 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pete4
I did spend close to an hour trying to program my garage opener. At the end I gave up all together. I got to the point where everything was working as it should, untill next morning when it didn't work anymore. Well, at least I transfered my whole phone book despite Verizon telling me they don't support that function, no mention of it in my phone manual and misleading terminology. As they say you win some and loose some.
Peter: I noted that you were able to transfer your phone book. How did you do that? I have Verizon service with a Motorola e815 phone. My TCH does not have the Nav system. Was there an earlier post that I missed? Thanks

Old 10-20-2006, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by jasaulsbury
Peter: I noted that you were able to transfer your phone book. How did you do that? I have Verizon service with a Motorola e815 phone. My TCH does not have the Nav system. Was there an earlier post that I missed? Thanks
I have Navigation system so not sure how the non navigation unit works. But in my case the biggest problem was to figure the phone menus. I have LG 8300 and not sure if the menus are the same accross Verizon line but here it is in case it can help somebody: menu/settings & tools/7. bluetooth/hands free-options/send name card
At this point you have list of all the names in phone book, you need to mark those that you want to send and done will transfer them all if the car was set to receive them. There was another thread about it in this forum few months ago but somehow it didn't help me much until I found options menu under hands free on my phone. Hope this will help someone.

Old 10-20-2006, 08:49 AM

Peter,

Thanks, I just happen to have the 8300. It took some finagling, but I finally got it to work. Did you mean that you could send them all at once, or only one at a time. Because I could only send over one contact at a time that way, which of course was still much easier than programming them in by voice.

Old 10-20-2006, 10:56 AM

Let's not hijack this thread into a bluetooth discussion. Please go to one of the many ongoing bluetooth threads.

I had a lot of problems programming my Homelink until I realized that my opener had rolling codes. As soon as I put the opener into "learning" mode, I was able to program the homelink quickly. Hint - it helps to have two people do this, so you don't try to get off a ladder and into your TCH all within 30 seconds.

Old 10-20-2006, 01:29 PM
Active Enthusiast

Call the 800 number for Homelink. They are very helpful and will walk you through the entire process as you do it. This was the only way I could get mine working.

Paul

Quick Reply: Homelink problems - why doesn't mine work?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands