How to add SOC to Scangauge II???

Old 07-19-2008, 12:36 PM
Active Enthusiast
Exclamation How to add SOC to Scangauge II???

Good Morning everyone

Anyone know how to add SOC (state of Charge) function to a 2009 Camry Hybrid, with the ScanGauge II attached.

I just got mine and everything works, however I cannot find a way to add these functions to the gauge display.

I know I read somewhere that it comes with the 3.15 version which I just received yesterday.

Thanks

tim

Old 07-20-2008, 01:47 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How to add SOC to Scangauge II???

I don't see a version 3.15 listed for ScanGauge. About 8 months ago I sent in my SC in and had the firmware updated to the XGauge.

I called the company a while back and was told the traction battery information would be listed for the TCH when they find the proper codes. They do list a few for the Prius.

Select the XGauge link on the web page below.

http://www.scangauge.com/support/

The Escape Hybrid - Traction Battery: state of charge, voltage, temp and traction battery speed?

The Toyota Prius - Traction Battery: SOC, voltage and current.

For more information, you might try contacting support.

Last edited by rburt07; 07-20-2008 at 02:04 AM.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:46 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rburt07
I don't see a version 3.15 listed for ScanGauge. About 8 months ago I sent in my SC in and had the firmware updated to the XGauge.

I called the company a while back and was told the traction battery information would be listed for the TCH when they find the proper codes. They do list a few for the Prius.

Select the XGauge link on the web page below.

http://www.scangauge.com/support/

The Escape Hybrid - Traction Battery: state of charge, voltage, temp and traction battery speed?

I bought it on a group buy and it was shipped directly from the manaf. Under the settings you can check for version number and mine was 3.15 which is the latest.

I tried the other codes without any sucess and was hoping that someone might have lucked out with a code that works for the camry hybrid.

tim
The Toyota Prius - Traction Battery: SOC, voltage and current.

For more information, you might try contacting support.

Old 07-20-2008, 03:13 PM

Evidently they are not yet advertising the version 3.15. I wish the prius traction battery codes would work in the TCH. I was told that they won't.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:52 AM
Active Enthusiast

I sent an e-mail to scanguage and I am still waiting for a reply, it has been 3 days now.

tim

Old 07-22-2008, 08:59 PM

I would imagine the scan gauge people are busy selling their product. Not that many weeks ago CNN had a segment on a hypermiler named Wayne Gerdes. This fellow was capable of getting 59 mpg out of a regular gas only powered Honda Accord. Their was some reference to the scan gauge he was using. I'm sure that exposure really picked up their sales.

Last edited by rburt07; 07-22-2008 at 09:01 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Active Enthusiast

I broke down and bought the SG to learn more about how the car behaves and to try and use LOL's method to get into heretical mode.

Now I'm trying to find any info on the xgauge commands for the TCH. Anyone have any or a link to some website?

Thanks!

Old 10-03-2008, 11:39 AM

How to add a X gauge and a list of them are in your scan gauge instruction booklet. Here is the Linear Logic web page for the same subject.

http://www.scangauge.com/support/xgauge.shtml

Old 10-03-2008, 12:07 PM
Active Enthusiast

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

Does anyone have the xgauge codes or a location where I can find them for TCH functions?

Thanks.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:22 PM
Active Enthusiast

as of today all of my e-mails to customer service have gone unanswered, it appears that they simply want to mass sell their units with to little to nil support for customer service.

Generally not a bad unit, not easily installed in the camry, and absolutely no support for the functions that the camry really needs.

Did I fail to mention that their customer and tech service ignore all the e-mails for weeks to months???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to add SOC to Scangauge II???

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands