It's been a nice summer

Old 08-25-2006, 09:19 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default It's been a nice summer

Well, as summer comes to an end, our driving routine will be changing to a less-TCH-friendly school schedule. Yup, we're gonna be doing the short 5 mile school trips, which will take its toll on our gas mileage. The tank mileage is already teetering at 40 mpg (which really means it's about 39.) Our last tank was 41.

Ironically, we'll be racking up many fewer miles overall, but I do dread what this will do to the gas database.

Please don't kick me off the island. I like it here

Old 08-26-2006, 12:00 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: It's been a nice summer

Well, Mr. Freeze... I have to say with a certain inward glee that I'm sooooo sorry that your mileage is going to start... looking more like... mine. Every day when I get in my car, it bugs me that SOME people get better mileage than I do, grrrrrrrrr. The consolation for you, of course, is that in just nine more months, it'll be summer again.

Old 08-26-2006, 04:11 AM
Default Re: It's been a nice summer

I try to think of it this way, my FE may not be the best in the database, but it is my real FE and represents the way I am driving, the conditions, etc.. It's honest. If the database was only for hypermilers (not saying anything bad about hypermilers and I AM always trying to improve my FE or encourage my hubby to drive with my FE in mind when he drives hehe) it wouldn't be truly representative. And, personally, I don't think any of our FE's are anything to scoff at for a car this size.

Old 08-26-2006, 08:53 AM
Default Re: It's been a nice summer

We've been really spoiled. My sister-in-law lives about 35 miles away and the kids have been going over to their day camp for the summer. The trip is virtually ideal for the TCH in terms of distance, terrain, speed and temperature: backroads with speed limit of 40 or 45, temps have been in the 70's. Lilarienne, you are right: anything over 30 is fantastic for dragging a family of four around in such a comfy car. Steve, my wife is already planning next summer. Can you believe that?