Plasmacluster Ionizer

Old 03-14-2007, 08:40 AM
SPL
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Plasmacluster Ionizer

Come on guys, knock it off! This argument is getting us nowhere, and has become really unpleasant. By the way, in both the Sharp room-model Plasmacluster units and the Camry implementation, the HEPA filter precedes the plasma-generating chamber. It's only the recirculated air that passes through the HEPA filter in the room model, whereas in the car I believe that both recirculated and outside air pass through the HEPA filter. Hence, in both cases the plasma vents directly into the room/car.

Stan

Old 03-14-2007, 09:17 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SPL
Come on guys, knock it off! This argument is getting us nowhere, and has become really unpleasant. By the way, in both the Sharp room-model Plasmacluster units and the Camry implementation, the HEPA filter precedes the plasma-generating chamber. It's only the recirculated air that passes through the HEPA filter in the room model, whereas in the car I believe that both recirculated and outside air pass through the HEPA filter. Hence, in both cases the plasma vents directly into the room/car.

Stan
Stan, agreed - this is going nowhere, and at this point it isn't productive. I won't comment on the topic further.

But I will say per your suggestions with my dealer - it looks like we will soon be a new Camry hybrid owner.

Old 03-14-2007, 09:35 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Marianne
Stan, agreed - this is going nowhere, and at this point it isn't productive. I won't comment on the topic further.

But I will say per your suggestions with my dealer - it looks like we will soon be a new Camry hybrid owner.
Marianne, Congrads on the new car. As usual I have gained a wealth of knowledge on both my plasmacluster in my car and my home. Thanks to you and the others for the good info.

Old 03-14-2007, 09:59 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by skywagon
Marianne, Congrads on the new car.
It's amazing how helpful dealerships become when you say, "I'll BUY it if..."

Old 03-14-2007, 11:14 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Marianne
It's amazing how helpful dealerships become when you say, "I'll BUY it if..."
You will not be sorry!!!! It has its small setbacks but all in all a great car!!!

Old 03-14-2007, 11:30 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by skywagon
You will not be sorry!!!! It has its small setbacks but all in all a great car!!!
This is going to sound nutty but we've been reading everything we can about hypermiling. I think hypermiling is like geocaching in that its a new sport that has come with our technological evolution. It's very exciting.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:42 PM
Dazed and Confused

Are the filters in our cars HEPA?

I thought they were just filters, and not actually up to the HEPA ratings. I can't see how they would pass as they don't look like they make a firm seal that would prevent any air from going around the filter.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:54 PM
SPL

ag4ever — You may be right. I'm not sure whether they are actually HEPA filters, and I'm not sure offhand where that idea started. Searching the electronic manuals that I have, I can't find such a claim.

Stan

Old 03-14-2007, 02:41 PM
Enthusiast

I've driven Prius as well as TCH. I'm just around 6 foot but am somewhat of a wide load, but the Prius is sufficiently roomy, and that raised rear end can swallow commendable amount of luggage. It gets better mileage than TCH too, and it has much more "wow" factor, especially regions where hybrids aren't as commonplace. I even got friendly waves from cute girls driving Prius. I would have just as happily purchased a Prius before the deal on TCH came along.

Old 03-14-2007, 05:58 PM

Marianne - Awesome!

SPL - I wonder if we could replace the filter with a HEPA if it isn't already. We would just need to find the right size.