Quietest LRR tire for TCH

Old 10-23-2008, 05:51 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Quietest LRR tire for TCH

Looks like the Primacy MXV4 is the way to go for a quiet LRR tire at a more reasonable price than the Energy MXV4 S8. The Primacy is H rated vs V for the Energy. Has anyone switched from the Energy MXV4 to the Primacy tires? Input appreciated.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:02 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07camry
Looks like the Primacy MXV4 is the way to go for a quiet LRR tire at a more reasonable price than the Energy MXV4 S8. The Primacy is H rated vs V for the Energy. Has anyone switched from the Energy MXV4 to the Primacy tires? Input appreciated.
Here are a few threads regarding the Primacy:

Michelin Primacy Tire Upgrade from Bridgestones on a TCH

Michelin Primacy tire upgrade from Integritys on a Prius link1 link2

Last edited by nash; 10-23-2008 at 08:04 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:45 PM
Active Enthusiast

I love my Energy tires. Anyone have more than 30k on them? My tread wear has been great so far (I rotated at 7500 and 15000 so far, I might go to every 5k, since that's what's recommended, unless someone has an opinion otherwise).

Old 10-23-2008, 09:07 PM

I have my 2007 TCH Energy tires rotated and balance ever time I do my oil change at 5000 miles. I'm right at 15,000 miles and the tires look great.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by JoeRemix
I love my Energy tires. Anyone have more than 30k on them?
There is a thread on Michelin Energy LX4 treadlife and most folks reported 30 to 40K before they replaced them. I think the consensus is the Energy is a better tire than the Bridgestones on the TCH.

Reviews I've read place the Primacy considerably above the Energy for traction, ride, and quietness. The rolling resistance appears to be slightly higher on the Primacy compared to the Energy, with some reporting 1 or 2 mpg less and others saying no noticable change.

Michelins are a bit too expensive for my tastes when I can find similar ratings/reviews/performance/quality of other brands for less. Michelin has a well deserved reputation for quality and that alone is enough for some folks.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:03 PM
Enthusiast

Update: I had Michelin Primacy H tires installed 700 miles ago. The car is significantly quieter and rides/handles much better than the previous Bridgestones Turanza EL400. Gas mileage is either same or better. Having traded in a 97 Lexus LS400 for the TCH, I always felt the TCH was noisy because it was cheaply built. Since these new tires, I have a reconsidered my opinion.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:58 PM
Active Enthusiast

Ok, here's a question for you:

does inflating your tires with nitrogen really "last longer" and improve FE?

Old 11-08-2008, 07:44 PM
Enthusiast

Nitrogen gas does not expand as much as air when heated. Hence, less variation in tire pressure with use. Also, in theory, less likely to lose pressure since molecules are larger and won't seep out as readily. Remember, air is approx. 78% Nitrogen and 21% Oxygen.

Old 11-08-2008, 08:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks! Glad I have my GreenHybrid experts to help me out!

Oh, and I have now joined the 600 mile club. I have 605 miles on this tank, and still counting. I'll have to gloat with a picture as soon as I fill up

Old 11-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Active Enthusiast

Of course, that may not seem like much to you 700 mile club people...but for someone who lives at the top of a hill in a colder climate, I think that's a decent achievement (especially since my gas light's been on for about 100 miles, haha)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Quietest LRR tire for TCH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands