GreenHybrid Interactive Hybrid Car Resource
Home Discuss Articles Compare Share Shop
GreenHybrid.com   Hybrid Car Forums   Tech Information   Mileage & Specs   Photo Gallery   Buying Guide  
GreenHybrid Mileage Database - Click here to track your MPG! Join Hybrid car discussions today - Create a FREE GreenHybrid Account

Go Back   GreenHybrid - Hybrid Cars > Hybrid Cars > Toyota Motor Corporation > Toyota Camry Hybrid
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryGarageUsed Cars Add a Tank

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-09-2007, 10:11 AM
Enthusiast

Hybrids: Toyota Camry hybrid
Default Tax rebate for Hybrids in Ontario, Canada

Hi

I am new Toyota Camry hybrid owner and one of the problems I had was the mis-information that several Toyota dealers provide you about claiming the PST rebate for hybrid cars in Ontario, Canada.

The Ontario government provides up to $2,000 PST rebate when you buy a new hybrid car. However, this has nothing to do with the transportation ministry as dealers tell us.

This is an incentive by the Finance Minsitry and you need to download a form from their web site fill it in, provide ownership and payment details and mail it to them. At the time of this writing (Jan 07), they told me that they have a backlog of about 3 months.

Here is their link:

http://www.trd.fin.gov.on.ca/userfil...702.pdf?N_ID=3

Cheers

ravinat
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-09-2007, 10:57 AM
HSD Organic Interface

Hybrids: 2007 TCH
Default Re: Tax rebate for Hybrids in Ontario, Canada

Backlog depends on when they do their check runs. I got my refund back in August at the same time as another person that sent their form in 2 or 3 weeks earlier than me. They are pretty good about it though, no hassles if you are patient.

Two climate control systems, one inside and the other at the tailpipe.

2007 Camry Hybrid (in service June 2006)
2004 Sienna (in service May 2003)

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Enthusiast

Hybrids: toyota camry hybrid

I Recd my rebate of the full $2000 in about 3 weeks that was back in august, they may be busy if the sales of the TCH are picking up!!!
Old 03-12-2007, 03:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

hi
my name is dan
i live in mississauga, ontario, i too am thinking of getting the camry hybrid, i really dont drive much though, but i was wondering if the dealership gives you a form, or go to mi of finance with copy of sales bill for car?
thanks

ps, how is car in manily city driving?
thanks
dan
Old 03-12-2007, 04:15 PM
HSD Organic Interface

The entire process is a mail in thing, the dealer has no role in it. You simply download the form from the Internet, fill it in and include the bill of sale, and if memory serves, a copy of your vehicle registration. Then simply wait 2 or 3 months and you get your $2K.

Looks like they updated the web site, the link is now: http://www.fin.gov.on.ca/english/tax/refund/vpaf/

Old 03-18-2007, 01:35 PM
Enthusiast

Hybrids: 2007 Camry

Be prepared to wait a lot longer than 2 to 3 months. It's nearly 5 months for me and still counting!
Old 03-18-2007, 01:51 PM
Enthusiast

Hybrids: Toyota Camry

In British Columbia, we also have up to $2000 provinical sales tax incentive for purchasing hybrid vehicle.

Instead of applying from the government after the purchase, the dealer applies the credit on the spot.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:43 PM
HSD Organic Interface

Quote:
Originally Posted by quotophile View Post
Be prepared to wait a lot longer than 2 to 3 months. It's nearly 5 months for me and still counting!
I hope you verified that they received your paperwork.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:16 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hybrids: non-NAV '08 "The Gray Lady"

spammer I'll report it

For answers to (almost) every question... **Toyota Camry Hybrid New Owner's F.A.Q. **
Old 10-05-2010, 03:16 PM

Tags
buy, canada, car, cars, credit, government, hybrid, hybrids, ontario, pst, rebate, rebates, tax, tch, vehicle