TCG Navigation v 6.1 hacks

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 12:38 PM
Dazed and Confused
Default Re: TCG Navigation v 6.1 hacks

Mine beeps at me and will go from teal to black then back to teal as long as my finger is on it.

Either way, you have to hold the "button" until it does something (about 4-5 seconds).

Old 05-08-2007, 05:23 PM
Enthusiast

Well I got it to work. I hold the button down. No beep occurs. I push it and wait a few seconds. I let go and if the color changes, then I am good to go. To summarize here is what I did:

1) With the 6.1 disk in the drive, highlight/select all and copy the files.
2) Copy to a folder marked TCH, for example. The copy the file into the TCH folder from this link:
http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=255527
3) Using Image Burn, build an image by selecting Mode->Build
4) Then using Image burn, click Mode->write
5) Use a Double layer DVD 8.4 GB for your image
6) Access the fuse box and unplug the fuse, Radio #1 and wait 3-5 minutes
7) When you start the car, the Navigation will reload and reset.
8) Then follow the link below:
http://hybridcars.about.com/od/owner...navigation.htm

Old 05-09-2007, 08:18 AM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks for the instructions TitaniumMD. After starting the car, do you have to follow that sequence each time you want to do the override?

It seems like a lot of work!

Old 05-09-2007, 12:53 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ormond
Thanks for the instructions TitaniumMD. After starting the car, do you have to follow that sequence each time you want to do the override?

It seems like a lot of work!
You do have to preform the override whenever you need to access the "locked out" items while in motion.

I have it down to about a 5-10 second procedure now. Touching the corners of the screen in volume section isn't particularly picky about the location where you touch it. I can hit those 4 taps within about 1-2 seconds now...

Old 05-24-2007, 07:15 AM
Active Enthusiast

Would appreciate it if someone could help me get my hands on a hacked copy of the 6.1 disc. Please email me.

Old 05-24-2007, 08:18 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hamm3r
Would appreciate it if someone could help me get my hands on a hacked copy of the 6.1 disc. Please email me.
Apparently the hack is unnecessary.

I found this while trawling through other hybrid forums.

http://www.hybridchat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1116

Old 05-24-2007, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Sooty

I can't get your link to work, can you please post the details? Thanks

Old 05-24-2007, 09:58 AM
Active Enthusiast

I can't get your link to work, can you please post the details?
Here it is:

2007 camry Navigation modification to enter destinations while driving
There is a way to enter destinations while driving. I added a switch in the back of the center console cubby. If you pull the radio/navigation unit out there is a gray plug that has 3 wires. The center wire is purple/violet and this is the speed sensor. I cut this wire and connected a 2 wire speaker size line to the free ends and put 2 terminals on the other end and connected these to my switch in the back of the cubby. This works like magic. Going down the road I flip this switch and the ghosted out destination buttons on the screen light right up. If you are mechanically inclinded at all this is easy. The only part I couldnt do myself was remove the air condition vent above the nav unit. Your dealer or a stereo installation place could do it for you. There are winged clips 2 on each side which must be pushed in before the vent assembly comes out. After this you unscrew the shifter **** remove the 2 wings on either side of the cubby by pulling them straight out toward the back of the car. Then you remove the trim around the shifter, pull it straight up then remove the console top by pulling it straight up. Remove the 2 phillips screws holding the cubby in and remove. The radio/airconditioner controls come out by removing 2 10mm bolts on top and 2 on the bottom. The radio then pulls straight out and you can then see the gray connector with the violet wire. There are probably 8 sockets and plugs in the back of the radio/nav but the one you need is obvious. I soldered my wires but you could use crimp connectors and a rocker switch #275-693 from radio shack. I used a dremel tool to cut a hole out in the back of the cubby between the power point socket and the ipod connector. I knew this could be done because I did a similiar deal to my 2006 prius. This procedure works perfectly on both cars and now I dont have to pull over on the interstate for my passenger to input things into the navigation. This may also allow you to input things and use the blue tooth phone I haven't tried this yet but I know there is only one speed sensor on the back of the nav unit. The prius has multiple speed sensors to the display so there is more wires to cut if you want to enable features once you are on the move. You will notice when you activate your secret switch the little wheels on the consumption screen stop moving just like you are stopped. I know the early 2007 camry had a secret diagnostic screen you could access and people think version 5.1 of the nav DVD is the thing that enables this overide button, but from my conversations with technicians the lockout is built into the nav unit and not controlled by the DVD disc. I had a toyota service tech look up the wiring diagram to tell which wire was the speed sensor. I wish I knew how to post pictures but this description is pretty good. As long as you are gentle you won't break anything, but you will need to have a special tool or help getting the aircond vent out to do this. Hope this helps everyone. I just couldnt help it, I hated being locked out of my nav unit going down the road. This would also be a good time to add an XM receiver to your camry. You can order the receiver for 159.00 and the fit kit for 80.00 from camelback toyota in arizona. Make sure you get the 15 page installation instructions from them and you can add the XM to the car yourself. You have to mount the receiver in the right rear trunk area and the antenna goes under the back window beside the 3rd brake light. This takes awhile to do but since you already have the radio out you can do it. Some dealers charge 400.00 for the parts and 200-300 to put it in but you could do the XM yourself for about 250.00[/quote]

Old 05-24-2007, 10:03 AM

A BIG thanks, hamm3r!

Old 05-24-2007, 01:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sooty

Maybe the hack is unnecessary, but isn't burning a dvd easier that pulling out your stereo, cutting a wire (voiding your warranty?), and using a Dremel on your car?

I'll stick with my hacked dvd...

Quick Reply: TCG Navigation v 6.1 hacks

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands