TCH owners - help please ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 03:03 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default TCH owners - help please ?

Hi all.

Hey, I just got my new '07 TCH and LOVE IT ! I'll be searching the threads here for tips and hints but I did have a question for you "seasoned" owners

I have seen where many of you talk of "hacks" or program thingys either you yourself or the dealer has done. Could you folks help me out with what ALL you've done and what impact/effect it has done for you (and your TCH TOO!)?

I'd like to get the most of my new TOY and your info would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I bought a HCH back in March (TCH wasn't out then) and after driving it for the past 10 months I have to say: big mistake. The car ran fine but felt like a little "tin" car driving around. I had a Lexus LS400 and my new TCH is sooooo close to matching the options and comfort, along with the driving experience. I guess you could say I came to my senses (no offense to any HCH owners - just that this TCH drives, feels, and looks like a real car ).

Anyway - thanks all!

Old 01-05-2007, 06:35 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: TCH owners - help please ?

Well, since you've already owned a hybrid, I assume you don't need any driving tips. If you need to change the doors that unlock when you grab the door handle, it is in the manual, somewhere around page 200-and-something. That's it for me. I'm a big help, eh?

Old 01-05-2007, 11:35 PM
Active Enthusiast

Brian,

I have only had mine for 2 weeks and been reading in here a week or two longer than that. If anything comes to mind that you are curious about, do the search and if it doesn't come right up for you, just ask.

Most of the people in here are nice and helpful. Welcome aboard!

Larry

Old 01-06-2007, 10:14 AM
Enthusiast

The best "hack" I've seen is the creation of "hybrid" of versions 5.1 and 6.1 of the navigation DVDs. This mod allows for 5.1's override feature along with the updated maps of version 6.1. You need to have both versions of the DVD and a double layer DVD burner.

Originally Posted by meerkat
I have seen where many of you talk of "hacks" or program thingys either you yourself or the dealer has done. Could you folks help me out with what ALL you've done and what impact/effect it has done for you (and your TCH TOO!)?

Old 01-06-2007, 10:30 AM
Active Enthusiast
Talking Re: TCH owners - help please ?

Thanks SPAM! I assume that the "override" you mention is the ability to select maps/program while driving (I hope )? MY HCH would allow me to change/modify while driving - although not the most safest - still allowed for changes in guidance during driving while NOT having to pull off a busy & crowded freeway.

Old 01-06-2007, 04:58 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by meerkat
Thanks SPAM! I assume that the "override" you mention is the ability to select maps/program while driving (I hope )? MY HCH would allow me to change/modify while driving - although not the most safest - still allowed for changes in guidance during driving while NOT having to pull off a busy & crowded freeway.
Yes, the override will let you access the navigation menus without any restrictions plus on screen phone book , which sometimes is even bigger deal than navigation. It is my opinion that there is no substitute for common sense and good driving habits and all the nonsense restrictions are just to protect company from frivolous lawsuits, nothing more. Nothing can force the driver to watch the road, if he doesn't want to and accessing navigation screens can be safely done by passenger or even inputed by driver from memory or just by glancing over just like you glance over the dashboard to check your speed or fuel. You don't have stare at navigation screen to cause an accident I've seen people starring at the accident on the other side of the road and plowing into traffic in front of them. Drivers cause accidents, not the car itself no matter how distracting it may be.

Old 01-07-2007, 06:07 AM
Active Enthusiast

I agree Pete. As for the "hybrid" NAV DVD.... anyone know where/how to locate it? I have the 6.1 in the deck but don't know where an easy find would be for the 5.1 (nor how to morph the two to make one workableDVD).

Thanks

Old 01-07-2007, 05:41 PM
Enthusiast

Go back to " ? For Navigation Owners". there a rew posters there that have both versions 5.1 and 6.1.
maybe one of them will copy the 5.1 disk for you.

Old 01-07-2007, 05:48 PM
Active Enthusiast

Cool - thanks for the info. I'll look for it.

I guess (if) after I get it i'd need to figure out how to get "both" installed to take advantage of the patch.

Ah... but first things first.

Thanks!

Old 01-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Enthusiast

MEERKAT,

If I'm successful in getting a 5.1 disc I'll let you know.

Quick Reply: TCH owners - help please ?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands