Theif Broke In To My 07 Tch

Old 10-08-2008, 01:46 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Theif Broke In To My 07 Tch

I was in new york last month. I parked at a street and after 2 hours on broaddaylight, someone has broken into my 07 TCH by breaking and smashing front pasenger side window glass. The theif seems to have used a small screw driver device as I found on on the seat with borken peices of glasses.
The theif has ransacked the drawyer and my cds lying everywhere on seat and floor and has stolen about 4$ worth coins.
the theif seems to have broken in to for GPS . The gps holder was sticked on to my front windsheild but I hid the GPS itself in my rear trunk.
The theid had not opened my trunk to steal my new clothes or the GPS maybe cos he didn't have enough time. The street where I parked breifly that noon is a small residential intersection close to a bridge.
I think that if the 07 TCH had alarm, the theif may have run away after hitting my window the first time.
I am unhappy that 07 TCH doesn't have alarm system.
It was on saturday and I had to go to a junk yard location to get a window on sunday. The glass costed me $120 and it didn't seem to be exact original japan made window and I can hear some noise when closing the door either cos the widnow glass may not be fitting inside or maybe due to little peaces of glass still inside the door.

mine came from japan.

My question is how much a front passenger side widnow glass would cost for TCH japan built? ALso how much to install n alarm system?
thanks

Old 10-08-2008, 01:50 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Theif Broke In To My 07 Tch

my all state insurance won't cover this as the agent said it falls under my $500 deductable.

called NYPD , made a report and the cop gave me a receipt of the report and he took away the ecrew driver with his gloves on.

was the insurance company right?

Old 10-08-2008, 03:06 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I had the alarm pre-installed in mine for about $200 when I bought mine. It'll likely cost a bit more after the fact, but it shouldn't be too bad. It's the toyota VIP sytem (I forget the exact code). It inlcudes a glass break sensor that uses the built in microphone fot the bluetooth/Nav.

As to the insurance - that sounds about right. The broken glass falls under comprehensive, and if you have a deductable, you're paying for it.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by rmorrow
I had the alarm pre-installed in mine for about $200 when I bought mine. It'll likely cost a bit more after the fact, but it shouldn't be too bad. It's the toyota VIP sytem (I forget the exact code). It inlcudes a glass break sensor that uses the built in microphone fot the bluetooth/Nav.
I believe there is also at least one additional glass break sensor as I found one taped to the panel under the glove box. There is probably another on the driver side somewhere...it looked like a baby mono mic. Very small.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by jimmy1
I was in new york last month. I parked at a street and after 2 hours on broaddaylight, someone has broken into my 07 TCH by breaking and smashing front pasenger side window glass. The theif seems to have used a small screw driver device as I found on on the seat with borken peices of glasses.
The theif has ransacked the drawyer and my cds lying everywhere on seat and floor and has stolen about 4$ worth coins.
the theif seems to have broken in to for GPS . The gps holder was sticked on to my front windsheild but I hid the GPS itself in my rear trunk.
The theid had not opened my trunk to steal my new clothes or the GPS maybe cos he didn't have enough time. The street where I parked breifly that noon is a small residential intersection close to a bridge.
I think that if the 07 TCH had alarm, the theif may have run away after hitting my window the first time.
I am unhappy that 07 TCH doesn't have alarm system.
It was on saturday and I had to go to a junk yard location to get a window on sunday. The glass costed me $120 and it didn't seem to be exact original japan made window and I can hear some noise when closing the door either cos the widnow glass may not be fitting inside or maybe due to little peaces of glass still inside the door.

mine came from japan.

My question is how much a front passenger side widnow glass would cost for TCH japan built? ALso how much to install n alarm system?
thanks
Sorry to hear this...at least you didn't lose the $200+ GPS as well...

Old 10-09-2008, 01:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

Smash and grabs are very common.

It happens occasionally on my block in a nice neighborhood (once to my 2000 Camry parked in front on Christmas Eve.) There was nothing to steal from the car but there was a brown paper bag in the back and they probably thought something was in it!

Crooks are creeps.

Old 12-06-2008, 08:39 AM
Enthusiast

Every night on the news in Indianapolis, which is regarded as a safe, midwestern city, you hear about smash and grabs, and in every single case there was something inside the vehicle visible to the thief, which is why they picked the vehicle they did. A simple preventative that costs nothing is to keep everything out of site, either under the seat, in the glove box, or in the trunk. If you put something in your trunk (e.g. shopping bags, laptop bag, etc) do it before you arrive at your destination (i.e. put it in the trunk at point A before going to point B where you are parking your vehicle), since potential thieves commonly see you putting something and your trunk and therefore know it must be something valuable. As far as GPS devices, just keep the mount on the device, and release the suction cup, and put the entire unit (including DC adapter) in the glove box. Also, put any iPod adapters in the glove compartment (or the accessory compartment under the radio). Adapters are clues that there must be a nice shiny device somewhere in the vehicle. If you keep your vehicle interior empty, thieves will move on to the next vehicle, simple as that.

Old 12-11-2008, 07:25 AM
Driving in stealth mode

The insurance is right. My windshield got a rock chip/craaaaaaack. I had to pay $500 out of the $825 for the replacement as that is my deductible. It was OEM glass by the way.