GreenHybrid Interactive Hybrid Car Resource
Home Discuss Articles Compare Share Shop
GreenHybrid.com   Hybrid Car Forums   Tech Information   Mileage & Specs   Photo Gallery   Buying Guide  
GreenHybrid Mileage Database - Click here to track your MPG! Join Hybrid car discussions today - Create a FREE GreenHybrid Account

Go Back   GreenHybrid - Hybrid Cars > Hybrid Cars > Toyota Motor Corporation > Toyota Camry Hybrid
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read GarageUsed Cars Add a Tank TSB & Recalls

Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2012, 10:46 PM
Enthusiast
 
Real Name: Benjamin
Hybrids: toyota camry hybrid 2012 xle
Posts: 3
Default Toyota Camry Hybrid 2012 XLE cracked front windshield

I have a Camry 2012 XLE Hybrid. It had a chip at the corner then the crack expanded the whole front glass after few days.

My insurance company denied to replace OEM (code M8341 is original glass with Toyota logo) due to as they said all after market windshield glass fits to my car. Unless I have to pay additional $386 for OEM. I have 100 deductible policy for the glass. I had been argued with insurance company and Safelite glass service that my car has Acoustic Noise Reducing front windshield glass as car specs. I requested that insurance company and Safelite had to show to me by paper word, not as they said, that after market part (code FW3486) description clearly defined the Acoustic Noise Reducing function.

Both insurance company and Safelite or other car glass services did not prove as I request.

After 25 days fighting, insurance company agreed to install OEM glass for me tomorrow.

FYI, Hybrid car requires special front windshield to prevent noise from both fuel and electric engines go into the cabin that might get driver headache if your car has been replaced by after market windshield.

TIP: Don't give up. Keep fighting with insurance company to get OEM windshield glass for your Hybrid car.

Last edited by seahawkgo; 07-17-2012 at 12:44 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-17-2012, 01:44 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
 
Real Name: Jimmy
Location: Southern New Mexico
Hybrids: 2012 XLE Hybrid
Posts: 1,302
Default Re: Toyota Camry Hybrid 2012 XLE cracked front windshield

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgo View Post
I have a Camry 2012 XLE Hybrid. It had a chip at the corner then the crack expanded the whole front glass after few days.

My insurance company denied to replace OEM (code M8341 is original glass with Toyota logo) due to as they said all after market windshield glass fits to my car. Unless I have to pay additional $386 for OEM. I have 100 deductible policy for the glass. I had been argued with insurance company and Safelite glass service that my car has Acoustic Noise Reducing front windshield glass as car specs. I requested that insurance company and Safelite had to show to me by paper word, not as they said, that after market part (code FW3486) description clearly defined the Acoustic Noise Reducing function.

Both insurance company and Safelite or other car glass services did not prove as I request.

After 25 days fighting, insurance company agreed to install OEM glass for me tomorrow.

FYI, Hybrid car requires special front windshield to prevent noise from both fuel and electric engines go into the cabin that might get driver headache if your car has been replaced by after market windshield.

TIP: Don't give up. Keep fighting with insurance company to get OEM windshield glass for your Hybrid car.
You bet, that oem windshield uses a special sound absorbing glass and is also somewhat sun resistant. I doubt any aftermarket windshields meets those requirements. It's great you stuck to your get it in writing first to make sure you got the correct windshield..

Just a possibility if you talked with your sales manager at the toyota dealer and he had a look, it might have been a rare warranty issue from the factory.

Last edited by rburt07; 07-23-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-17-2012, 08:36 AM
Active Enthusiast
 
Real Name: Ron
Hybrids: 2012 Camry XLE
Posts: 201
Default Re: Toyota Camry Hybrid 2012 XLE cracked front windshield

I wonder how Toyota could make glass more noise resistant? Is it thicker or ??
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-17-2012, 09:51 AM
Enthusiast
 
Real Name: Benjamin
Hybrids: toyota camry hybrid 2012 xle
Posts: 3
Default Re: Toyota Camry Hybrid 2012 XLE cracked front windshield

Quote:
Originally Posted by rburt07 View Post
You bet, that oem windshield uses a special sound absorbing glass and is also somewhat sun resistant. I doubt any aftermarket windshields meets those requirements. It's great you stuck to your get it in writing first to make sure you got the correct windshield.

Just a possibility if you talked with your sales manager at the toyota dealer and he had a look, it might have been a rare warranty issue from the factory.
Thanks for your reply. I talked to Toyota dealer and they confirm if the windshield has Toyota logo M8341 AS1 as original then it is OEM windshield. I will double check the part and paper word from Safelite today when they do replacement glass for my car.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-17-2012, 11:04 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
 
Real Name: Jimmy
Location: Southern New Mexico
Hybrids: 2012 XLE Hybrid
Posts: 1,302
Default Re: Toyota Camry Hybrid 2012 XLE cracked front windshield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron AKA View Post
I wonder how Toyota could make glass more noise resistant? Is it thicker or ??
It's called, Acoustic vinyl or the more popular, Acoustic windshield.

http://www.glassmagazine.com/article...iet-revolution
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-17-2012, 04:14 PM
Enthusiast
 
Real Name: Benjamin
Hybrids: toyota camry hybrid 2012 xle
Posts: 3
Default Re: Toyota Camry Hybrid 2012 XLE cracked front windshield

Safelite has installed new OEM windshield glass for me but it is Toyota Camry standard (M8H4i), not M834i for Camry 2012 Hybrid. I tested and I've got more noise coming into cabin while driving.

Safelite called Toyota and they said the part Safelite ordered is for my car. It's ridiculous.

Then I came to Toyota dealer to ask for the order. Part Manager checked and told me I have to contact Toyota company, not from toyota dealer. He has no idea because the VIN is show the ordered part. I told him that he did the wrong thing because standard Camry 2012 has different windshield with Camry Hybrid 2012 (Acoustic Noise Reducing). I just want the same part code for my car.

I email insurance company and they escalated this case to higher position Safelite. I told them that I just want the same exactly the part code number. Safelite store manager will call me back tomorrow.

Any suggestion?

Last edited by seahawkgo; 07-17-2012 at 04:18 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-17-2012, 05:28 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
 
Real Name: Jimmy
Location: Southern New Mexico
Hybrids: 2012 XLE Hybrid
Posts: 1,302
Default Re: Toyota Camry Hybrid 2012 XLE cracked front windshield

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgo View Post
Safelite has installed new OEM windshield glass for me but it is Toyota Camry standard (M8H4i), not M834i for Camry 2012 Hybrid. I tested and I've got more noise coming into cabin while driving.

Safelite called Toyota and they said the part Safelite ordered is for my car. It's ridiculous.

Then I came to Toyota dealer to ask for the order. Part Manager checked and told me I have to contact Toyota company, not from toyota dealer. He has no idea because the VIN is show the ordered part. I told him that he did the wrong thing because standard Camry 2012 has different windshield with Camry Hybrid 2012 (Acoustic Noise Reducing). I just want the same part code for my car.

I email insurance company and they escalated this case to higher position Safelite. I told them that I just want the same exactly the part code number. Safelite store manager will call me back tomorrow.

Any suggestion?
I wonder if you had taken it to the toyota dealer for a oem replacement. Then present the bill to your insurance company to see if they would pay.

I remember about 15 years ago a fellow tore up my front fender by baking into it. The insurance wanted me to get 3 estimates. I told him I always had my car fixed at the dealers. That seemed to be ok with them. At least far as I know I got original replacement parts and the car looked like new. That was then and now is now..

Last edited by rburt07; 08-01-2012 at 03:53 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-18-2012, 09:11 PM
ukrkoz's Avatar
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
 
Hybrids: 2007 Camry Hybrid
Posts: 670
Default Re: Toyota Camry Hybrid 2012 XLE cracked front windshield

Quote:
Originally Posted by rburt07 View Post
I wonder if you had taken it to the toyota dealer for a oem replacement. Then present the bill to your insurance company to see if they would pay.

I remember about 15 years ago a fellow tore up a front fender by baking into it. The insurance wanted me to get 3 estimates. I told him I always had my car fixed at the dealers. That seemed to be ok with them. At least far as I know I got original replacement parts and the car looked like new.
Interesting. I was told that dealerships outsource such jobs to glass shops. And add their markup to THEIR cost. That was from Mr Friendly dealership clerk.

.




Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 07-19-2012, 12:39 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
 
Real Name: Jimmy
Location: Southern New Mexico
Hybrids: 2012 XLE Hybrid
Posts: 1,302
Default Re: Toyota Camry Hybrid 2012 XLE cracked front windshield

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Interesting. I was told that dealerships outsource such jobs to glass shops. And add their markup to THEIR cost. That was from Mr Friendly dealership clerk.
I was talking about having the dealer fix or replace the tore up fender by the dealer not going to any independent shops for estimates. The insurance guy said that would be ok. Were talking late 80's here, doubt you could do that today with money being tight.

I find the smaller dealers don't even have their own body shops and have the broken windshields done by independent auto glass places. They use the independent body shops that are around.

You said, And add their markup to THEIR cost. Yea right, like our doctors getting a professional fee on prescriptions and referrals were not suppose to know about.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:39 PM
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
2012, acoustic, broken, camry, code, crack, dealer, front, fw3486, hybrid, noisereducing, price, spontaneous, toyota, windshield

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Topic Starter Forum Replies Last Post
12 Volt Battery Replacement / Upgrade on a 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid with photos Captain Jim Toyota Camry Hybrid 149 03-16-2014 12:00 PM
Info if you have had your Camry Hybrid windshield replaced rscott Toyota Camry Hybrid 45 06-03-2012 09:59 AM
Details about the Highlander Hybrids Dianne Toyota Highlander Hybrid 10 11-04-2008 09:44 PM
Highlander Hybrid details Dianne Toyota Highlander Hybrid 9 01-13-2008 07:39 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:33 AM.

Home | Hybrid Discussion Forums | Hybrid Articles Archive | Mileage Database | Hybrid Photo Galleries | Compare Vehicles
Terms of Service - Privacy Statement - - Advertising
GreenHybrid.com, Copyright 2008
InternetBrands.com Automotive Network

GreenHybrid.com founded by Jason Siegel.
Emails Backup

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62