Vais tech iPod integration experience/feedback

Old 04-23-2008, 08:59 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Vais tech iPod integration experience/feedback

Has anyone installed or used the Vais tech ipod integration kit with the TCH w/navigation? How well as it worked? Any feedback would be appreciated.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...1773QQtcZphoto

Old 04-23-2008, 09:36 AM
Driving in stealth mode
Default Re: Vais tech iPod integration experience/feedback

I haven't but plan on it. I too am interested how well it has worked.

Old 04-23-2008, 02:00 PM
Active Enthusiast

Also, does anyone know if Toyota would do the install if I brought them the parts?

Old 04-23-2008, 02:15 PM
Driving in stealth mode

The installation looks very easy itself. If I remember right they have very detailed instructions on their site. Someone else did an install of a backup camera and posted a great sequence of pics on how to remove the trim and the NAV unit. After seeing this it made me feel comfortable to decide to do this on my own. I have done a test run on removing the necessary trim...except the vent covers but I feel confident that i can do that. Here is a link to the post.

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ictures-11672/

Old 04-23-2008, 10:25 PM
TCH Obsessive

My wife got the Toyota one added in at the dealer when we got the car. If you use playlists, you're cool...but if you have disorganized music, it is a pain in the butt...however, if you do what you need to do, it is actually not too bad.

Last edited by mlarma; 04-23-2008 at 11:13 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:45 AM
Active Enthusiast

It is supposed to support 999 songs per playlist, which works for me...as long as I can listen to the entire playlist in Random mode and skip tracks as needed.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:49 AM
Driving in stealth mode

Well I just got the go ahead from the boss err I mean my wife. So I am going to order it and hopefully it comes in this weekend so I can install it.

Well I purchased it. If I remember I will take some pictures during and after the install. I will post back with how well it functions. From reading the directions it should be a pretty easy install.

Last edited by coolshock1; 04-24-2008 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Updated info
Old 04-28-2008, 06:03 AM
Driving in stealth mode

Update: My cable should be in today. I hope to do the install tonight after my boys go to bed. The instructions say that it should take 1.5hrs to install. Honestly I think I can have the head unit out in 15 minutes or less. I did a dry run taking off the trim and had everything off except the storage bin and head unit in 5 minutes. Someone posted the smart tip about re-installing the shifter *** before taking out the head unit. So hopefully everything goes nice and smooth tonight.

Old 04-28-2008, 06:00 PM
Driving in stealth mode
Default Update

I have the devicce installed. Total install with a break to see my parents who just got back from Florida was 1 hr. I will write up a review aftr my 40 mile commute tomorrow morning. Everything works so far.

Old 04-29-2008, 05:52 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mlarma
My wife got the Toyota one added in at the dealer when we got the car. If you use playlists, you're cool...but if you have disorganized music, it is a pain in the butt...however, if you do what you need to do, it is actually not too bad.
From other message boards, I was unaware that Toyota had an ipod system here in the U.S. Can you please provide additional details on the one your wife was able to get? Thanks,

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vais tech iPod integration experience/feedback

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands