XM Radio Issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 04:57 PM
Enthusiast
Default XM Radio Issues

Today My XM Radio stopped working. The Nav. Screen is flashing the word Antenna. This is the first time this has happen to me, so I need some help here.
My car is a 2008 Hybrid Camry with Nav and all the goodies.
Does anyone have a good answer and a easy fix. The Satellite Antenna is in the rear inside by the back glass. I do not know were the wire runs to it or anything that can help.

Thanks
lastman
lastman66610@yahoo.com

Old 07-01-2012, 01:54 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: XM Radio Issues

Originally Posted by Lastman
Today My XM Radio stopped working. The Nav. Screen is flashing the word Antenna. This is the first time this has happen to me, so I need some help here.
My car is a 2008 Hybrid Camry with Nav and all the goodies.
Does anyone have a good answer and a easy fix. The Satellite Antenna is in the rear inside by the back glass. I do not know were the wire runs to it or anything that can help.

Thanks
lastman
lastman66610@yahoo.com
Possible the antenna cable could be loose where it plugs into the nav unit. Not sure but you might try some place that specializes in auto radios/amps/woofers and etc.

Best to call your local toyota dealer parts department and find out who they use locally to service the nav units.

Make sure your out in a open sky area to see for sure your XM don't work. Might try calling XM to make sure your still shown to be subscribed and have a active account.

My internet service once went dead for no reason. The tech I called assured me it shows active, that the problem was on my end. I checked the modem on the table and one led was black, shows no-signal. I called later that night and got a better tech, said he had seen this before. He removed my account from their data base, then reassigned me and bingo, I was back online.

Last edited by rburt07; 07-01-2012 at 01:58 PM.