HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

Check engine light on, and weird IMA issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 05:53 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Check engine light on, and weird IMA issues

'04 Civic, CVT, 50k miles

So yesterday everything is fine, driving home from work. Then the check engine light comes on. The car seems to be opperating completly normal and smooth. I make a note in my head to call the dealer for a service appointment. This morning on my way to work, I noticed my charge/assist lights aren't coming on, and the battery level is constant. I'm getting no power assist from the IMA, nor does it seem to recharge. My gas mileage went way down (36mpg ) since it has to do all the work of accelerating on the highway with just the ICE. 1 block from work, the IMA system kicked back in.

Now I did have time yesterday to stop by Advanced Auto, as they will hook up a scanner to pull codes, just to see what I'm in for. They pulled a P2000, which is the knock/o2 sensor circuit?

Anyone have similiar issues? What's the warrenty on these, I know they extended the warrenty of the CVTs to 70k, but is the rest of the powertrane still 36/36?

Last edited by MiaTurbo; 02-20-2008 at 05:56 AM.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:44 AM
Hybrid Owner
Default Re: Check engine light on, and weird IMA issues

Blame it on your trip to the Gap last year!

Old 02-20-2008, 06:55 AM
Active Enthusiast

heh, well then I'm in for a treat because it's almost Gap time again 59 days!

Old 02-21-2008, 07:03 AM
Active Enthusiast

well, it turns out it needs the software update for the IMA system. Also the CEL is on because of the converter (rear o2 sensor?), but the software update(s) will take care of that too. So it's under warrenty I also asked him about the TSB for the transmission, and they're going to knock that out of the way since i occasionally get a slight jerking on 'downshifts'.

The underhood battery is weak, so I told them to go ahead with that. Should be good to go this afternoon I drove the truck to work today, I loved getting to see over all the other cars, but I could see the gas gauge drop as i drove. lol

Old 07-07-2008, 11:51 AM
Active Enthusiast

bah... P2000 again. cleared it, and again a few days later.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:41 PM
Enthusiast

Has anyone determined if this is a failure of the O2 sensor circuit or of the catalyst? It's also really odd because P2000 shows up as NOx Trap Efficiency Below Threshold on all four of our scanners, but online I have seen it referred to as Hybrid Battery Voltage High.

Any thoughts here? Has anyone had this to the dealership and had them fix it? My dealership hasn't sold a single rear O2 sensor for the HCH in the last year, which makes me think it's probably not the sensor.

MiaTurbo, did your dealership trip replace the catalyst, the O2 sensor or either?

jason

Old 01-22-2010, 06:36 AM
Active Enthusiast

Yes, they ended up replacing the converter last January under warranty.