HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Anyone in CA use Costco to buy an '06 HCH?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 04:16 PM
Enthusiast
Default Anyone in CA use Costco to buy an '06 HCH?

Hello,

I sold my 5 spd 2005 HCH about a month or two ago and will want to buy an '06 after Jan. 1st to be able to take advantage of the new tax credit.

I called Costco to try and find out what price they have negotiated for their members, but was not able to find out. They advised that I need to pick a dealership that they have a agreement with, advise them of which dealership I chose, and then I would receive an email with the name of a person at that dealership who would show me the costco price on a print out when I go to the dealership. If they do not have one on the lot, then the dealership is not obligated to offer me the vehicle or show me the price.

I was not able to find a dealership close to me that participates in the Costco program and that had a '06 HCH on the lot.

If anyone here bought an '06 by using the Costco program and would be willing to tell me the price, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Corey

Old 12-23-2005, 05:54 PM
It's not easy being Green
Default Re: Anyone in CA use Costco to buy an '06 HCH?

A friend was looking for a new car recently (not an HCH II) and found that he could easily beat the Costco price just by walking into the dealership and negotiating. I was with him a couple of times and saw this happen, so my confidence in the "Costco" price is low.

I recently negotiated a price for an HCH II that is MSRP - $883 (I'M HAPPY!) by going to the internet and getting quotes from about 10 different dealers in a 100 mile radius from my house. The dealer farthest from my house came through with the best price. I think it's because for him it's an extra sale, whereas all the dealers in town think of the money they lose by discounting because they know they will sell every car they get. Anyway, the internet search doesn't hurt. I used www.edmunds.com but there are other sites that will refer you to dealers in your area.

MG

Old 12-23-2005, 06:21 PM
Enthusiast

We tried to order ours through Costco but the dealer that was refered to us stated the HCH did not qualify for the program due to the current demand, but they address this on a monthly basis, so it may change.

Old 12-23-2005, 09:02 PM
Enthusiast

I went thru Costco and got an excellent deal. It's not the same deal as for other cars, but it was much better than any other dealer that I contacted in San Diego.

Old 12-23-2005, 11:04 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I've been talking to a dealer through the Costco program. He told me his price is $100 below MSRP. There are much higher discounts for vehicles with less demand. I've kind of given up on that dealer because he seems very reluctant to sell the HCH. The dealership allocates vehicles with each shipment between its regular dealers and the Costco program, and it seems that due to the high demand they are allocating few if any HCHs to the Costco program.

The nice thing was that he refered me to another dealership under the same ownership. They are more responsive, i.e. they seem to have more HCHs available. So I'll lose the $100 discount. No big deal.

Old 12-24-2005, 06:19 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I agree on the whole cosco price being a joke. I have negotiated better prices without even trying.