HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

center armrest cover rattle...

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 07:58 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default center armrest cover rattle...

Is anybody experiencing the center armrest cover rattling? I thought it was because of the stuff inside, but I took everything out and it is still doing it. I noticed it awhile back, but now it is something that is really annoying! It feels like it isn't latching on tight enough so it doesn't have any play room.

Old 01-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: center armrest cover rattle...

Not on mine. I do have a slight rattle from the driver's seat belt "B" pillar upper mount, but not enough of an issue to bother repairing anything! I also had a mystery rattle which I finally tracked down to my keys! I'd swear it was coming from the center console area... but when I grabbed the keys, the noise went away! Amazing how sounds can seem to be coming from a different location.

Are you sure your noise is from the cover? If you press down on the cover, does the noise stop?

Old 01-22-2007, 12:07 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: center armrest cover rattle...

Yeah, it is the cover. Wheneve I push down on it on a road I know it rattles on it stops. I guess I will have the dealer look at it whenever it is time for my oil change. I just had that done and forgot to mention it to him.

I have no keys with my car key, so that couldn't be it.