HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

IMA Warning Light

Old 06-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: IMA Warning Light

My dealer diagnosed my car with the dreaded problem many of you have described. The dealer thanked me for my research, so thanks to all of you for your helpful posts.

The part is back-ordered and they hope to have it in a week. It will then take 3-4 days to fix they say. This is the first of these they have seen.

I asked them whether or not Honda has a TSB on this. They said it doesn't but they do have a "Service News Article". I don't understand the difference.

While I am hopeful they will fix the car properly, I am not happy with the situation. I intend to press Honda for extended warranty coverage for the entire car.

They have told me it is okay to drive the car as much as i want.

Old 06-06-2007, 08:27 PM
Über Lord of Hypermillia

They have told me it is okay to drive the car as much as i want.
Yeah if you don't mind your fuel economy and performance go in the toilet. Tell then that you are scared to let you wife drive it and you want a loaner until it is fixed. The Honda Zone tech guy will cover the loaner, but you gotta press them for it. We got a new accord for a week while they got the parts and fixed the car.

Old 06-07-2007, 03:44 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the advice. I am now driving a new Civic while my car is repaired. They have the tool, but are still saying 4-5 days for part backorder and 2 days to repair once they have the part.

Old 06-08-2007, 11:16 AM
No Spin Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jjvera00
At the beginning of May, I bought me a 2007 HCH. I fell in love with it, and was enjoying everything about it. The look was great, the gas mileage, the navigation system, etc. I took it in on May 18th to get fog lights installed, daytime/night mirror w/ compass installed and the windows tinted (all done at the dealership). I picked the car up that Friday night and everything seemed okay. I got, home, did a few things, and then decided to go get something to eat. When I turned on the car, the Check Engine, Check Battery and Check IMA lights came on (the three lights that have been indicated on this post). I called the service tech and he said return to the dealership. I took it in (this was already at 9 pm) and he checked it out, found two errors, and was able to clear them and I went home.

On Saturday morning, everything seemed fine again, no lights, but at noon, the lights came on again. I took it back and they said leave it over the weekend so they can check it over on Monday. They gave me a loaner car (a Honda Accord and they told me to keep all gas receipts). On Tuesday, May 22nd they said they needed to replace the Motor Control Module (MCM). They replaced it, but kept getting the same lights. A week later, on Tuesday May 29th, they said they needed to replace the Resolver Sensor (rotor sensor). They got the part over-night, but need a tool to remove and replace it, which will not be in until this coming Friday.

From reading this thread (and on hybridcars.com) , it seems that I have the same problem. And I am wondering if once everyone got this issue cleared, what is fully resolved. I have only owned this car for now going on 5 weeks. 2 weeks in my possession and 3 weeks at the dealership.
Welcome to the club dealing with the motor rotor sensor. I had the exact same symptoms you did at about 3000 miles after purchase. After replacing the sensor in February, everything is fine again and I haven't experienced any more problems. That was about 4000 miles ago. As others have stated, this is a known problem for Honda and I have not heard of anyone having any further problems after the sensor was replaced. The sensor deals with controlling the current to the electric motor (IMA). I'm sure one of our on-line experts can explain more about the IMA if you need it. My VIN number last five digits is 04325, manufactured in October 2006. This may give you an idea of where you stand in the manufacturing order with the early number VIN's for 2007s and the problem.

Old 06-08-2007, 11:46 AM
Enthusiast

How do you interpret the VIN number and manufacture date? My last 5 digits are 11546. Today should be the day my Honda dealership gets the tool to fix the sensor. At least they got the part ready to be replaced. I am really wanting to get this issue resolved. It has been 3 weeks in the shop today. Once it gets fixed, I will keep everyone posted as to how the car works.

Old 06-08-2007, 12:55 PM
No Spin Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jjvera00
How do you interpret the VIN number and manufacture date? My last 5 digits are 11546. Today should be the day my Honda dealership gets the tool to fix the sensor. At least they got the part ready to be replaced. I am really wanting to get this issue resolved. It has been 3 weeks in the shop today. Once it gets fixed, I will keep everyone posted as to how the car works.
VIN - according to the service manual

JHMFA362*7S000001

JHM - Manufacturer, Model, Type --- Honda Motor Co. , Honda passenger vehicle
FA3 - Line, Body, Engine Type --- Civic Hybrid / LDA2
6 - Body Type & Transmission Type --- 4 door Sedan / CVT
2 - Vehicle Grade (series) --- MX
* - Check Digit
7 - Model Year --- 2007
S - Factory Code --- Suzuka Factory, Japan
000001 - Serial Number --- USA Models
800001 - Serial Number --- Canada Models

The manufacture date is on the inside driver door next to the tire pressure sticker.

Your serial number is the 11546th to come off the line. Yours is the highest number yet I have heard of with this problem.

The reason it has taken so long is that Honda lends out the tool for the fix and has to wait to get it back from one dealer before they can ship it to another dealer. This is what my dealer told me. So if one dealer just sits on it for awhile, it holds up the process for others.

Old 06-10-2007, 09:10 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChrisG
The reason it has taken so long is that Honda lends out the tool for the fix and has to wait to get it back from one dealer before they can ship it to another dealer. This is what my dealer told me. So if one dealer just sits on it for awhile, it holds up the process for others.
Perfect...One tool...I'll have to check my VIN, I bought mine the end of December of '06. I am almost up to 4500 miles now.

Old 06-11-2007, 05:28 AM
Enthusiast

My dealer tells me they have the tool from Honda but that the part is backordered and they still don't know when it will be in.

Old 06-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rich
My dealer tells me they have the tool from Honda but that the part is backordered and they still don't know when it will be in.
Oh, don't worry. All of that part is at the dealerships that are waiting on the tool that your dealer has. j/k, just trying to lighten the atmosphere

Old 06-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Enthusiast

The dealer now tells me the car is apart and will be ready late tomorrow afternoon. It seems this is quite an event for the dealership.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: IMA Warning Light

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands