HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

IMA Warning Light

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 05:55 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: IMA Warning Light

Originally Posted by owlmaster08
Oh, don't worry. All of that part is at the dealerships that are waiting on the tool that your dealer has. j/k, just trying to lighten the atmosphere
Actually, my dealership does have the part and is waiting on the tool.

Old 06-12-2007, 05:05 PM
Enthusiast

I picked up my repaired car this afternoon. It runs fine (drove about 20 miles) and the auto-stop seems smoother. The dealer told me that the tools are very expensive and Honda doesn't have enough of them to give one to all the dealers just in case they encounter this problem. I have asked Honda for a free extended warranty. They seem to be considering it. I'll let everyone know if it happens.

Old 06-18-2007, 09:36 AM
Enthusiast
Talking Re: IMA Warning Light

Just got a call from the dealership. I can pick up my car today.

I'll will keep everyone posted on how the car drives and such.

Hey Rich, have you had any problems with your HCH since you got it back?

Old 06-18-2007, 01:02 PM
Enthusiast

No, I have had no difficulties. I'd say it drives better from the perspective that the auto-stop works more smoothly, with less jolt when the engine comes back on. It also drives a bit differently with respect to assist/charging functions. Don't know if that's better or worse. I seem to be doing about the same for mileage. I can't say that I am totally confident that everything will be okay in the long run. No basis for that except it just seemed like such a major service on a very new car. The service manager downplayed that by telling me this was nothing compared to what happens to some cars. Can's say that comment inspired confidence, either. Time will tell. Otherwise, I am still very pleased with the car.

I am waiting to hear back from Honda as to whether or not they will extend my warranty coverage.

Old 06-18-2007, 06:52 PM
Enthusiast

I drove my car on the highway after I got it. Drove around town and put 60 miles on it. Everything seems okay. So far I have notice no difference from before I took it into the shop.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:18 PM
Enthusiast

As I mentioned in my earlier posts, I was asking Honda for a free 8 yr/120,000 mile extended warranty for this problem happening to a brand new car with only 2000 miles. They finally honored my request today. This indicates the level of concern and service I expect from companies in situations like this, and I am pleased Honda has met this.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:51 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Glad to hear it, Rich- it's nice when these stories have a relatively happy ending.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:05 PM
Enthusiast

I know this post is quite old, but today my 2006 Civic Hybrid did the EXACT thing as the original poster. I was driving and all three lights came on - battery, check engine, and IMA. Then, I shut the car off. I turned it on and only the check engine light came on. We started towards the dealership and all three came on and the IMA stopped working.

Dropped it off at the dealership but it was 3:30 on a Saturday. What are the chances they will tell me it's an entire battery pack when it could just be a sensor? HOw much did changing the sensor cost?

Old 05-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Enthusiast

Oh, and if you want to help me pay for the fix, visit this site:

www.associatedcontent.com/mnc - I get paid per page view for anything I write so if you are really bored and want to read some of my articles go ahead.

Old 05-11-2009, 02:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hey MNC123--my 07 just did this today with just over 40K on it. Dealership says the 7 year portion of the warrenty is a no go on this and will be 1400 to fix. I've called Honda and started the hell raising process since this is obviously a common issue with the 07. Honda needs to foot a good portion of this bill IMHO.

Quick Reply: IMA Warning Light

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands