HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Special day for a hybrid owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Enthusiast
Default Special day for a hybrid owner

Well it finally happened. After 6 months with my 08, I feel like I've really gotten to know the vehicle. I've watched my driving skills improve; my initial mpg has increased by about 100 miles per tank. It's been very satisfying to learn all the ins and outs of hybrid driving; the best tire pressures, the best oil viscosity, how to feather the accelerator, etc. But today, finally, I finally feel like a REAL hybrid owner:

Yep, somebody pulled up next to me and called my a f**cking a**hole for coasting.

Today, I am alive!

It was really quite humorous, I absolutely put safety above mpg and I'm very careful about staying with traffic. My friend in the pickup didn't miss his turn, didn't get held up by the light or anything. As he passed me and "said" his peace, I couldn't help but laugh.

Thought this might make a good thread, anyone else have a good story about being "scolded" for driving a hybrid?

Old 06-01-2011, 09:41 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Special day for a hybrid owner

Funny, Andy. May the force be without you, or vice versa.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:40 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Special day for a hybrid owner

Pick-up drivers are the worst!!! Big hunk of iron in front of them makes them feel superior!!! A## Holes they are! H

Old 06-03-2011, 09:25 AM
Veteran Mechanic
Default Re: Special day for a hybrid owner

I agree, it's too bad people have to feel they are taking their castle with them when they get behind the wheel, naturally that leads them to believe they own the whole road too... sad,sad,sad. And a major factor in road rage incidents, along with people who are in too much of a hurry to begin with.

"Just slow down, you don't have to drive like a teenager for the rest of your life!" lol...I need that as a license plate frame.