HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Where are you guys putting your iPod?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 03:16 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Where are you guys putting your iPod?

There no great place to put it while driving and the bin that is nearest the Aux input is wide open, so when I park I have to unplug everything and store it in the center console.

I guess I will have to put all my mp3s on cds.

Anyone have another option?

PS Is there a random setting for mp3s -- like shuffle?

Thanks

Old 09-05-2006, 07:04 PM
Getting better FE!
Default Re: Where are you guys putting your iPod?

My iPod rides on my passenger seat when I'm driving alone. If someone is in the front
seat along side of me, it usually rests in the little area right behind the shift.

When I park it, I just disconnect it and throw it in the glove box. No big deal for me.

Old 09-06-2006, 02:37 AM
Active Enthusiast

To answer your question about MP3 CDs, you can shuffle within a folder, or shuffle the whole disc. The CD thing is very nice. I don't own an iPod, but until then, being able to condense 150 CDs down to like 15-20 is excellent. The MP3 browsing and playback is very good.

Old 09-06-2006, 07:26 AM
Enthusiast

I have mp3 players and CD's, but I am having the most fun with the PC card. I have a 2 gig chip that has over 400 songs on it. Sometimes I set it on shuffle and I never hear the same song during a long drive. Very cool!!!

Old 09-06-2006, 11:23 AM
Active Enthusiast

I have a nano that I use while running too and it sits perfectly in the little bin just below the gear shifter (closest to the cup holders).

Old 09-06-2006, 11:41 AM
hypermiler wannabe

Love the MP3 CD for my music, but really needed a nicely integrated iPod setup. Just got the Griffin "TuneFlex" and so far... I like it.

Here's my ongoing report:
http://www.davidwells.com/cars/civic_ipod/

Old 09-06-2006, 01:17 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Thanks all for the input, I think the TuneFlex wins the cake.

I'll look for one this weekend.

Thanks again.

Old 09-06-2006, 01:19 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I put it on my lap =D

Old 09-07-2006, 08:59 AM
Enthusiast

I sit mine on top of the sliding lid that covers the cup holders. It stays put while driving. I have a wetsuit type neopreme cover on it though. Maybe thats why it doesn't slide around. To keep it hidden from view when I park I drop it in the cop holder area on its side and slide the lid over as far as it goes before hitting the wires. Better than disconnecting/reconnecting each time.

I have the older 40 gig Ipod. Shuffle is located on the first menu. I just keep selecting "main" until it appears (or is it "menu"?, it's one or the other). Shuffle will play all music loaded to the Ipod in random order. I have like 25 gig on my Ipod so I could drive quite a while before I hear the same song again. Could probably make it to Pluto before the music loops

Old 07-14-2008, 01:05 AM
Enthusiast

Found this old thread and need a little help or advice. Just bought a used 07 with 52K miles on it. All good...love the car. However when I plug in the I pod, I have to crank the volume all the way up and can barely hear the music. Anyone had this problem or any solutions?
Thanks

Quick Reply: Where are you guys putting your iPod?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands