HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Wiper Blade Sticker Shock

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Wiper Blade Sticker Shock

Just had my rubbers replaced on my 2006 and it only cost $12 installed I was very pleased. Hal

Old 03-10-2010, 08:00 PM

Just checked my receipts: I payed $5.95 plus tax (Canadian) for just the parts. Good deal from your dealership Harold, because replacing those is not easy.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:53 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I just paid $16.95 us for the pair, installed by the dealer.

Old 03-11-2010, 08:29 PM

jeff618:

I just had a look at a pdf 2009 Owners Manual, and yes, Honda has gone back to a more conventional wiper blade. Our '06 is a royal bear, getting the blades out, and that's after you manage to get the assembly off the arm. That is unless you want to do the whole operation leaning over the car. The Owners Manual description and pictures regarding how to get the assembly off the arm is out-to-lunch: pictures are reversed. I finally figured it out, but the book was no help.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:52 AM
Über Lord of Hypermillia

I've been listening to all of the whining about how hard it is to change the HCHII wiper inserts and I just don't get it.

I did an insert change at my 60K maintenance and it was a breeze. Taking the wiper carrier off of the car was no more difficult than any other car, and changing the insert was no big deal either.

I just squirt a little soapy water on the blade inserts and use some painters tape to hold the metal stiffeners in place until the insert is in the arm, it just slid right in.

The only thing I had an issue with is that the left and right blades are not the same length, and I had the inserts switched the first time I did it.

Even with my screwup it only took about 5 minutes to do both blades. I just don't understand what all the consternation is all about.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:12 AM

I watched the guy that changed mine . He did not remove the blade from the arm. All he did was lift it and reach under the aft end and pull the locking end down about 1/4" and then pull the rubber out. Put the metal strips in the new rubber and slide it back into its spot. He did both wiper blades in 5 min. Just that easy!!! Hal