Old Marketplace Archive This section is closed to new listings.

Prius' Driver Seat

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 02:25 PM
Enthusiast
Default Prius' Driver Seat

I really want to purchase a new Prius but whenever I sit in one I find the driver's seat height is too low. I am 5' 8" which is probably at least an average height for the combination of all men & women drivers, but I feel like the seat should be higher. It doesn't appear to have any height adjustment. Does anyone else have this problem and is there any way to compensate for this?

Old 01-11-2008, 02:31 PM
Just me...
Default Re: Prius' Driver Seat

I was quite set on a Prius when I first started researching. But when it came down to test drives, it was pretty close between the Prius and the HCH. I went with the HCH because I didn't feel as cramped, or closed in--I felt like I had more personal room in the HCH. Well, that and the fact that I liked the displays better. I'm 6'1, btw. I don't know about specific seat adjustments in the Prius, so someone else will have to chime in about that...

Old 01-14-2008, 04:47 AM
Active Enthusiast
Smile Re: Prius' Driver Seat

The Prius driver's seat is the "least great" part of the car.

I traded a 1999 Ford Taurus for my '06 Prius and the Prius is superior in every way EXCEPT for the driver's seat. The Ford's seat was more comfortable and also fully electric adjustable.

Of course, if Toyota were to put a better seat in the Prius, that would pretty much make the Prius a nearly perfect car. Scary thought.

Old 01-14-2008, 10:12 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Prius' Driver Seat

It was the lack of comfort of the Prius driver seat that finally pushed me to the TCH. I think the Prius is great in most other respects, having nearly as much interiior space as the TCH. But since it was also priced almost the same ($2000 less for the Prius), I opted for more comfort at the expense of some (not insignificant) FE.

Bottom line - if the driver's seat was as comfortable as in the TCH - I would have bought the Prius.