Problems with my Wife's '08 Vue Hybrid, please help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 07:18 AM
Enthusiast
Default Problems with my Wife's '08 Vue Hybrid, please help!

Hey guys, my Wife noticed the "check engine" light come on a few weeks ago. Long story short, she hasn't done anything about it, and I was driving it the other day and noticed that the Hybrid aspects aren't working at all.

The engine doesn't go into "stop mode" (or whatever it's called) when at a stop light. The meter on the right side of the panel detailing how the hybrid battery is assisting never moves off the center, and the "eco" light never comes on.

My determination: somethings wrong with the hybrid aspect of the car (genius, right? ).

Anyway, where can I take this car to get fixed now that Saturn is out of business? This should all be covered under the warranty, shouldn't it? Has anybody else experienced this? How long do you think my Wife will be without her car?

TIA

Old 11-16-2010, 08:40 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Problems with my Wife's '08 Vue Hybrid, please help!

Originally Posted by StMos
Anyway, where can I take this car to get fixed now that Saturn is out of business?
TIA
Government Motors is to cover the warranty for Saturn vehicles. Naturally, you need to contact the local dealership for details.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:32 AM
Administrator

any GM dealership can and should fix it.

Old 11-16-2010, 11:45 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Stephen: call a few Chevrolet dealears and find at least one that has actually worked on your Vue's cousin the hybrid Malibu. Don't be afraid to ask for the service manager. Then pick your favorite of them. GM is still obligated to work on it and supply parts until at least 2018.

If you are curious any of the major Auto-Giant chain stores can usually read the codes for you and you can post them here.

Old 11-25-2013, 05:47 AM
Enthusiast

I am having the same problem with my 08 Saturn Vue Hybrid. Although the Check Engine Light does not come on, the vehicle will not go into the stop engine mode. With 70,000 miles on the vehicle, It should be covered under warranty. (I think) Any comments please?