Is your battery a new part?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 04:05 PM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: Is your battery a new part?

Okay, despite my gloomy post earlier this past week, my battery arrived yesterday morning (Apr. 16). The GL went in today for it's one year service and the battery update/repair. The battery component on the invoice is numbered 25964892 which corresponds to the number represented here earlier. On the section below this area on the form was printed "Replaced corroded cells, cleaned and painted battery case, cleared DTC's, ROAD TEST OK."

The entire service took four and one half hours. The last hour was the one year service (according to the service rep). So three and a half hours that was posted here for a battery update was pretty much on the money.

Now for the REALLY great news!!!! The GL auto stopped when I waited to pull into traffic from the dealer. AND it auto-stopped all the way home (14 times; as I was counting ) Charging and Assist were absolutely extremely consistent and more-so frequent. I can't recall the needle moving as much as it has even during our original test drive. If this keeps up we are going to be very happy Saturn campers. As I just filled the tank on Tuesday I will be anxious to see what this does for the mileage. Will be happy to post impressions, results or answer questions as the situation develops.

Cheers,
Jan

Old 04-18-2008, 11:52 AM
Enthusiast
Talking Re: Is your battery a new part?

Jan,

That's excellent news.

Sometimes good things are worth waiting for...

The waiting part can be the pits at times.

Bob

Old 04-18-2008, 12:07 PM
Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Is your battery a new part?

To Jan:

Hopefully, this will get youre mpgs up closer to the 30's than the mid 20's. Happy driving and do keep us posted.

Old 04-18-2008, 01:25 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Is your battery a new part?

Great news, Jan! Here's to many (efficient) miles in your GL.

Still haven't checked our replacement battery's P/N yet, but the dealer says they're the new ones...

Old 04-19-2008, 03:23 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Is your battery a new part?

Originally Posted by phil94
Great news, Jan! Here's to many (efficient) miles in your GL.

Still haven't checked our replacement battery's P/N yet, but the dealer says they're the new ones...
Phil, I'd just like yo thank you and Bob and HybridVue for the kind wishes and sentiments. My observations so far are while the weather here has warmed up (40's - low 60's) I can't remember seeing the Charge/Assist gauge "convulsing" like it has been the last two and a half days since last summer. Any coasting that I do on the off-ramp has the needle flying and staying at full charging. Prior to this I'd have to be also braking to get it to go all the way to the left.

Part of my route to work is down a 1 mile hill and then level to the highway on-ramp. It's all of about five or six minutes drive time. There are two stoplights on the route and by the time I get to the second light it is Auto-Stopping. On the return leg of the trip I can't remember it climbing the hill to my house with the ECO light on more than a third of the way. The last two days it's stayed on all the way to the driveway! AND, it seems like the machine is barely sipping gas when I look at the gas gauge.

I've got some vacation time starting on Monday. We're already planning a couple of road trips with the Hybrid and I'm anxious to see what numbers develop.

Cheers to all.

A Happier Jan

Old 02-06-2009, 04:33 PM
Enthusiast
Angry Re: Is your battery a new part?

Since I purchased my Vue Hybrid on 05/31/07, I've had nothing but problems and only average 20 mpg!

Here's a run down of problems with just the battery:

03/13/08 in for service due to engine shutting off and restarting itself. Codes P1A6F; P1A5A; P1A56, Bulletin 07-06-03-006A suspected battery corrosion. Ordered new battery, I was given car to drive for 7 days until battery received and replaced at that time.

9/02/08: The same issue of stop/restarting engine occurring again in for service, Bulletin PIP 4009 . PCM calibration recalibrated ECM with newest cal., service stated driving ok.

10/23/08: Again in for same issue of engine stop/restarting itself on with no resolve.

1/28/09: Again in for same issue, code P1174, replaced only injectors 1 & 2. Found Code P1A6F. Service tech cleared codes, stated working fine.

02/05/09: In again for stop/restart of engine. Waiting to hear from service
  • Upset? Yes!
  • Panic attacks due to the this vehicle being unsafe? Yes!
  • Saturn concerned? NO!
  • Lemon Law? Yes!