Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 06:45 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: '07 NAH intermittent start problems

^ yes, but I don't think you want to drive to Massachusetts

Old 09-18-2010, 12:06 AM
Active Enthusiast

The one at Hilltop was pretty decent in my few times up here. Another friend swears by the one in San Leandro but other than buying parts, I do not have any experience there. Good luck.

Old 12-14-2010, 03:59 PM
Enthusiast

Altima Hybrid Engine Wont Start, ECM Lost Comms.
My 2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid has had this recurring problem since I purchased it used and I learned the original owner had the same recurring issue and other owners on the internet also. Typically when I go to start my car in the morning, after my car has sat in the garage over night, I depress the brake and the ignition button and **ALL** the warning lights come on including the EV mode ready and Service Engine light but the car has no power steering and the gas engine won't start at all. The car is drivable for about 30 seconds in EV mode then dies. When the car is at the dealer the car starts fine and they can't replicate the issue but find the following DTC's: UOO73, UO100 ECM 211, UO100 ECM 530, UO123, UO124, U0126, U0129 BRAKE 220, UO293,UO131 EPS 433, UO121 EPS 434, U1020, U1022. Nissan replaced the hybrid battery, the hybrid harness and the main car harness and now they say there is nothing more they can do to fix the problem. The problem remains.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:13 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by yu888
One known issue with altimas in general has been this lack of starting and it seems it is often a faulty or loose brake pedal switch. the car starts only if the brake is applied. Well if that switch acts up and it can sense the pedal being stepped down, it will not start. So I would start by having someone check that/

Plus 1 on the above statement. IT IS YOUR BRAKE! You are either not pressing it firmly enough (happens to me sometimes when I am in a rush, or the switch is faulty)

Old 12-22-2010, 08:16 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NAHOwner
Altima Hybrid Engine Wont Start, ECM Lost Comms.
My 2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid has had this recurring problem since I purchased it used and I learned the original owner had the same recurring issue and other owners on the internet also. Typically when I go to start my car in the morning, after my car has sat in the garage over night, I depress the brake and the ignition button and **ALL** the warning lights come on including the EV mode ready and Service Engine light but the car has no power steering and the gas engine won't start at all. The car is drivable for about 30 seconds in EV mode then dies. When the car is at the dealer the car starts fine and they can't replicate the issue but find the following DTC's: UOO73, UO100 ECM 211, UO100 ECM 530, UO123, UO124, U0126, U0129 BRAKE 220, UO293,UO131 EPS 433, UO121 EPS 434, U1020, U1022. Nissan replaced the hybrid battery, the hybrid harness and the main car harness and now they say there is nothing more they can do to fix the problem. The problem remains.

This is identical to someone forgetting to turn off the car when stopped. If you hit the button (by accident) twice when you are getting out, you put the car into accessory mode which will kill the battery and this is how the car acts with a low battery (not hybrid battery, car battery)

Old 04-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Active Enthusiast

Last July I had the intermittent start problem it turned out to be a brake switch out of adjustment. I had it again this week and it turned out to be a common problem requiring $430 replacement of the brake swtich and some harness sub assembly. Apparently this is common on the Altima Hybrids and 2.5s. The Nissan TSB# is NTB10-139. It was issued in November of 2010.

My car was out of warranty, but I am will be requesting a refund AND reporting it to the NTSB because the same switch controls the brake lights and if you can get the car started by smashing down on the brake, you don't have brake lights when just using normal braking.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:15 PM
Active Enthusiast

Premier Nissan in San Jose is able to answer all my questions regarding my NAH. One of their service writers really liked my PHEV conversion.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:04 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tomscot2
My car was out of warranty, but I am will be requesting a refund AND reporting it to the NTSB because the same switch controls the brake lights and if you can get the car started by smashing down on the brake, you don't have brake lights when just using normal braking.
Perhaps NHTSA (http://www.nhtsa.gov/) is the right place to report it?

Old 04-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Active Enthusiast

Secondary question.
How often do you check things like your brake lights?

Based on looking at how many people drive with 1 or more lights not working on their cars, many people don't check them regularly. I check mine once a month, along with other things. Yeah, it usually takes 2 people to check them unless you get creative.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cwerdna
Perhaps NHTSA (http://www.nhtsa.gov/) is the right place to report it?
You are right. That is where I ended up reporting the problem.

Quick Reply: '07 NAH intermittent start problems

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands