Want to drain/flush ECVT

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 06:29 PM
Enthusiast
Default Want to drain/flush ECVT

I have a 2009 altima Hybrid just went out with 135 dollars worth of nissan matic w atf.Found the drain plug for ecvt but absolutely cannot find the fill tube.dealership up here in Washington State have never drain/flushed any hybrids so i am compelled to do it myself.I hope it can be done without hooking it to a drain/flush pump machine.Any idea where it is if any THX

Old 07-14-2012, 02:05 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Want to drain/flush ECVT

What I thought was the drain plug turns out to be a coolant plug but I did find the transmission fill plug.Now no drain plug .I think they dont expect you to service the ECVT,even though warranty requires it.All the transmission shops I spoke to wanted to know why I want to drain/flush.They said the ones they service dont usually need it.So I guess I will just go get a refund for the atf I bought.Open to info if anyone knows how to get it done

Old 07-15-2012, 02:43 AM
Active Enthusiast

The eCVT does use a special rated trans fluid , I just got mine straight from Dealer. The fill and drain plugs are about at 9 o'clock and 6 o'clock respectively. I think if you are down there you will see what I mean. I also ran across the coolant plug and finally checked the factory service manual. I highly recommend getting one if you plan t do work on this car as it helps you avoid the "extras" from the hybrid systems.

Old 07-15-2012, 10:44 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply so is the 9 O,clock one near the drive axle? 6 O,clock one is the one you see looking back at you after splash shield is removed?

Old 07-15-2012, 01:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

If i recall correctly, the perspective was using the drive shaft axle point as the center and going 9 and 6 oclock. I went looking for a pic but cant find one. I DO have a pdf of the HEV service if you need it... not sure if the site allows uploads though probably not with copyrights and all eh? I guess if you need it you can drop me a private message and I can find a way to shoot you over a diagram.

Old 07-15-2012, 03:23 PM
Enthusiast

YU888 I dropped my Email in a PM to you thx alot for the help

Old 12-24-2015, 01:06 PM
Enthusiast

These are pictures from my 2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid, I want to drain the fluid. Can someone tell me which Torx Bolt do I have to loosen to drain the fluid, and which bolt do I unscrew to add the Matic W Fluid.

Can I purchase this Toyota WS ATF, since Toyota Makes the Altima eCVT, and WS ATF is compatible with the Prius and Camry Hybrid.

Last edited by zan986; 12-24-2015 at 01:51 PM.
Old 12-26-2015, 12:22 PM
Active Enthusiast

1- eCVT Transfluid fill plug
2- eCVT Transfluid DRAIN plug
3- eCVT Coolant drain

Hope this helps!
Happy holidays!

Old 12-26-2015, 01:37 PM
Enthusiast

Thank you, Replaced the fluid, at 80k Miles, it was still Blackish Red, personally thought the fluid could've of lasted another 30k miles. Replaced 4.25 quarts of Matic W (60$ Total (5qts)). Rigged this contraption with a garden hose. When I was adding the Matic W ATF, it was dripping a little bit from the fill hole, so you have to go really slow. Nonetheless I took my time pouring the fluid in the funnel, it still dripped a little bit. So after pouring 4.5 quarts I had .25 quarts drip in the drain pain from fill hole that I placed underneath the car.

Last edited by zan986; 12-28-2015 at 11:47 PM.
Old 11-16-2020, 10:42 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kevvy2k
What I thought was the drain plug turns out to be a coolant plug but I did find the transmission fill plug.Now no drain plug .I think they dont expect you to service the ECVT,even though warranty requires it.All the transmission shops I spoke to wanted to know why I want to drain/flush.They said the ones they service dont usually need it.So I guess I will just go get a refund for the atf I bought.Open to info if anyone knows how to get it done

Can you please help tell me where the drain and fill hole is on transmission for ecvt? I'm trying to change mine as well..

Where is the drain and fill screws?

Quick Reply: Want to drain/flush ECVT

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands