Honda Motor Company/Acura Honda hybrids

A couple questions about my new HCH

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 05:41 PM
smr
proud HCH owner
Default A couple questions about my new HCH

Dear fellow HCH drivers,

I am very much enjoying my new '03 HCH. (See my thanks in the general discussion forum.) I have just a couple of questions that have come up in my few days of driving this car that I'm hoping you can answer for me.

One concerns the engine shut-off feature. I have noticed on several occasions that if I am sitting at a stop light, if after I come to a stop I then idle forward again for a few feet (thereby causing the engine to start again, even if I never put my foot on the gas) that it does not shut off again once I have again come to a complete stop. Even if I am then stopped for 30 seconds, a minute, or more. Is this just a habit that I will have to learn to correct--learning not to idle forward after the engine has stopped? Or is there another trick here?

My second question is about the engine fan that stays on after the car is completely off. It's currently August, so of course outdoor temperatures are higher now than they are most of the year. I was wondering if someone could tell me how long that fan normally stays on for, whether it changes from season to season or based on how long you've been driving, etc. More out of curiosity than anything else. (It feels very weird to me to just walk away from my car while it still sounds like it's "working," even though I know that it isn't. I'm sure I'll get used to that. Just haven't yet.)

Thanks for any insight you can offer!

Old 08-18-2008, 08:50 PM
Think green.
Default Re: A couple questions about my new HCH

Hi, and welcome!
To answer the first question, if you have come to an auto-stop, try not to creep forward if you can tell you will still be in a situation where you are not likely to be moving anywhere just yet. The auto-stop feature will not re-engage unless you get back up to about 10 miles per hour before the next stop.
As to the fan cooling off the engine once the car is stopped, I haven't actually timed it, but there were times when I went back to check on my car, curious to see if the fan was still on or not. I think it usually only stays on a couple of minutes. I usually only notice that the engine fan goes on in warm weather or after a really long trip.
Best of luck with your new car.

Old 08-09-2009, 03:08 AM
Enthusiast
Post I filed bankruptcy on this debt

Hello all, I was given Home Equity Loans chapter 7 bankruptcy relief in september of 2005 and only last week, I received a collection notice from this debt collection Refinancing Mortgage Rate agency. After doing some research on them, I found Explain Refinancing a Home out that they do this to everyone; try to harass people to get money out of them. They might have bought this debt Refinance Interest Rate from another company and not aware that i filed bankruptcy on this debt? What can Refinancing i do this case? Thanks!