Honda Motor Company/Acura Honda hybrids

New Honda CR-Z hybrid photos from video

Old 04-19-2013, 01:24 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: New Honda CR-Z hybrid photos from video

Originally Posted by Burgh with an aitch
Which mode are the MPG numbers based on? If it is the economy mode, that will be heart breaking. I mean, I could really see a car that could get great fuel economy, and then with the press of a button become a (sort of) fast and agile sports car... that would be fun.
Anyone know what's with the MPG?

The published MPG is based of the Normal mode. I got a CRZ and drove it on Econ mode for 2 months. Got about 45 mpg combined. I switched to Normal and have been getting almost 48 mpg! I suspect the Econ setting is so underpowered, the car actually uses MORE gas. Some professional car reviewers have had the same experience. Lots of other CRZ drivers have been getting higher mileages than what's posted, so don't let the official numbers break your heart.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:20 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: New Honda CR-Z hybrid photos from video

Originally Posted by hchluv
From what I have heard, the mpg's are based off of the normal default mode, which I think is not the econ mode.

I love the shape too

Brian
That's what I've been heard with my friend too.. and I love it!