Honda Motor Company/Acura Honda hybrids

Window Tinting In The Winter?

Old 11-14-2009, 12:59 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Window Tinting In The Winter?

Since my I2 is in the shop for collision repair, I'm thinking about finally getting the windows tinted. By the time the parts arrive from Honda, and the work is done, it will be gone 3-4 weeks, plenty of time for the tint to start drying.

I don't know that much about tinting beyond it's obviously applied as a film and will take time to cure or dry. As it's starting to get colder up here now in northern Illinois, is this still a good time to get tinting done or should I wait for warmer weather again?

Thanks,

Mike

Old 11-30-2009, 07:30 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Window Tinting In The Winter?

Although I don't really know, if you have it in the shop for that long it sounds like it should be fine.

Just out of curiosity what are the laws about tinting in IL?
In NH I know you can't for safety of law enforcement.

Old 08-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Active Enthusiast

i've tinted in the winter here in the midwest once (30-40 degree days) and it was fine...just takes much much longer for the air to work its way out without the hot sun on it (took over a month with good sputtered metal film vs 1 week in the hot summer for the same film). Just make sure you have a good shop and avoid the cheap dyed film, that crud will turn purple on you...again sputtered metal fades slowly or even ceramic if you have navi or don't want to cut down on your remote entry range and in car cell phone reception which sputtered metal does.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:31 PM
Enthusiast

I live out here in Dallas and a few times in the winter it gets really cold. Almost freezing 4-5 days of the year. I had a company tint my car. They needed a garage and had to bring space heaters with them. But..I paid a lot less than I would have in the summer rush, so Its something to consider. They ended up doing a real good job on my Camaro, I wish I could post the pictures. http://www.window-tinting-dallas.com

Old 10-24-2011, 10:32 AM
Enthusiast

The winter can actually be a great time to get your windows tinted. As someone in the business, I can tell you that a lot of the time we'll be more prone to run specials in discounts since business is considerably lower than the summer. I work with Detail Wiz Window Tinting; I'm in California, but they have providers in a lot of places (not sure if you live in one of the cities or not). Either way, let me know how your search goes. I'd wager that you'll pay a good 20% less in the wintertime. Its big-value season!

Old 09-26-2012, 06:35 AM
Enthusiast

summer is best time for tinting the window. I waited for the summer time so the heat can cure the tint faster.