2008 Impulse purchase

Old 01-25-2014, 08:02 AM
Enthusiast
Default 2008 Impulse purchase

Well I know I made a poor decision by not researching this, but I hope I didn't make a bad decision by purchasing a 2008. I crashed my Grand Cherokee right before Christmas (cow walking down the middle of the road at night) so I picked this up the next day to replace it. So far so good, I'm very happy with it. I think some de badging is in order.

Name:  8A38FB61-649D-43ED-9A5D-9F990EAED7C4_zpsndo7aqho.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  35.7 KB

Last edited by JetMech; 01-25-2014 at 08:19 AM.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:16 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2008 Impulse purchase

...now if I can just remember how to upload photos....

Old 01-25-2014, 10:02 AM
Administrator

debadging is actually free if you got it from a GM dealer or just bring it there and they will debadge for you. there is TSB for debadging. congrats and and you will love it more than your grand cherokee. how many miles?

Old 01-25-2014, 01:55 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by evois
debadging is actually free if you got it from a GM dealer or just bring it there and they will debadge for you. there is TSB for debadging. congrats and and you will love it more than your grand cherokee. how many miles?
133 K miles on it, but living on the western slope of Colorado, most of the miles were probably highway. I picked it up from the Ford dealership though, so I'm sure I would have to pay
To have it debadged. But I'm pretty handy so I'm not too worried. Just waiting for it to warm up outside. Then again some snow to play with the 4WD would be nice. Of course I can just head up to the mountains to cover that.

Old 01-26-2014, 09:10 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by JetMech
133 K miles on it, but living on the western slope of Colorado, most of the miles were probably highway. I picked it up from the Ford dealership though, so I'm sure I would have to pay
To have it debadged. But I'm pretty handy so I'm not too worried. Just waiting for it to warm up outside. Then again some snow to play with the 4WD would be nice. Of course I can just head up to the mountains to cover that.
133k miles? make sure everything has been serviced for the 100k mile maintenance which includes among other things; coolant, transfer case oil, differential oil(front and back), transmission oil, brake drain and fill, etc. so, you're assured of happy continued driving. I bought mine new and left nothing to spare when I did my 100k service and now at 153k. original pads replaced at 138k with meat left.

Old 01-26-2014, 12:54 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by evois
133k miles? make sure everything has been serviced for the 100k mile maintenance which includes among other things; coolant, transfer case oil, differential oil(front and back), transmission oil, brake drain and fill, etc. so, you're assured of happy continued driving. I bought mine new and left nothing to spare when I did my 100k service and now at 153k. original pads replaced at 138k with meat left.
Thanks for the advise, I'll be getting those things done since I don't have previous service records.

Old 01-26-2014, 01:33 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

congratulations on your purchase. You will love the performance up and down mountains.

If it ever does throw a light, Check Engine, Service Hybrid, Brakes, and the bonging of the chimes, do not simply clear codes and see what might come back. It's an old habit. Many hybrid systems can have a once-in-10,000 mile hiccup. Any time a light pops up codes are stored somewhere. More than that something called "freeze frames". Freeze frames are a built in snap shot of what was going on when the hiccup happened. By capturing this on-board data, you can solve the problem much faster.

Old 01-26-2014, 07:26 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hillbilly_Hybrid
congratulations on your purchase. You will love the performance up and down mountains.

If it ever does throw a light, Check Engine, Service Hybrid, Brakes, and the bonging of the chimes, do not simply clear codes and see what might come back. It's an old habit. Many hybrid systems can have a once-in-10,000 mile hiccup. Any time a light pops up codes are stored somewhere. More than that something called "freeze frames". Freeze frames are a built in snap shot of what was going on when the hiccup happened. By capturing this on-board data, you can solve the problem much faster.
Thank you. I'm sure it's going to do better than the grand cherokee did, although it did fine with the popup that we have. As far as the freeze frames, is that something that can be looked at with a scanner, or something it needs to go to the dealership to download ?

Old 01-27-2014, 12:14 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

There are some scanners that can get freeze frames. And some dealers don't know how to get them.

Old 03-09-2014, 07:10 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hi .I'm going to look at a 08 with 112000 on it with new factory dealership installed motor .wondering how yours is doing, ? Any issues?
Would greatly appreciate any insite.
Thank you very much.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2008 Impulse purchase

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands