2008 Tahoe Hybrid Codes POAC4 and P061B

Old 11-11-2012, 08:40 PM
Enthusiast
Default 2008 Tahoe Hybrid Codes POAC4 and P061B

I'm having a problem with my Tahoe Hydrid Stalling out. It happens when the engine switches from Electric mode to Gas pode particularly at a stop. The codes that show up ar POAC4 and P061B. I've taken the vehicle to the dealership numerous times and they were not able to fix it. First time they said the throttle body was dirty and it needed to be cleaned. That didn't fix it. Next time it happened they said the batteries were no good, but they couldn't work on the Hybrid since the gloves that they use to work on Hybrid batteries had Expired. Then the next time it happened they said it was the Catalytic Converter...that was change and it still did not fix the problem. I took it in the last time just recently and they reflashed the ECM and said they still don't know what is causing the problem...they supsect it is the aftermarket wheels and tires that is causing the vehicle to stall? The advisor said that Hybrids are very sensitive when it comes the the computer and torque calculation. Does anyone have any idea of what it causing this problem???

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:55 PM
aka soulsea
Default Re: 2008 Tahoe Hybrid Codes POAC4 and P061B

Originally Posted by ponsta12
they supsect it is the aftermarket wheels and tires that is causing the vehicle to stall?
Hi there, this is soulsea from TYF.

What size wheels and tires are you running?
I had 24s with 295/35s on my 09 and never got any of these issues.
Unless you're running something massive, it sounds like a lot of nonsense to me from service staff who are clueless as to the root cause.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:02 PM
Enthusiast

I have 305/50/20 on my Hybrid, yeah, I think it's just an excuse or another way of saying they don't know what they're doing.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:11 PM
aka soulsea

Yeah that's nonsense ... the Escalade and Denali hybrids come with 22s, which are likely heavier than the 20s you got on, and their tire size/diameter is practically identical compared to yours.

Old 11-12-2012, 02:28 AM
Active Enthusiast

It appears you may want to show your dealer this service bulletin of code P061B, (HYBRTD)slip' stall At A stop, surge, Lack of power, poor Fuel
Economy, with or without DTC pO61B, POAFA (Sep 7, 2010)

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...KIe8gTZPoBGSDQ

Also googling code POAC4 came up with some good information to know that was found on the this very helpful website forum GreenHybrid.com along with the service bulletin above.

Starting with post number 15 discusses code POAC4,

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...97/index2.html

P.S, i'm running 22's and the only thing it affected was the comfort level of the ride and not a whole lot of fuel.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Last edited by Fun Times; 11-12-2012 at 02:39 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ponsta12
I'm having a problem with my Tahoe Hydrid Stalling out. It happens when the engine switches from Electric mode to Gas pode particularly at a stop. The codes that show up ar POAC4 and P061B. I've taken the vehicle to the dealership numerous times and they were not able to fix it. First time they said the throttle body was dirty and it needed to be cleaned. That didn't fix it. Next time it happened they said the batteries were no good, but they couldn't work on the Hybrid since the gloves that they use to work on Hybrid batteries had Expired. Then the next time it happened they said it was the Catalytic Converter...that was change and it still did not fix the problem. I took it in the last time just recently and they reflashed the ECM and said they still don't know what is causing the problem...they supsect it is the aftermarket wheels and tires that is causing the vehicle to stall? The advisor said that Hybrids are very sensitive when it comes the the computer and torque calculation. Does anyone have any idea of what it causing this problem???

Thanks in advance.
Ponsta, have you contacted the Chevrolet Customer Service phone hotline yet in regards to your concerns? If not, then I would be happy to explore your next steps with you. Please send me a direct message anytime for further assistance!

Best,

Katie
GM Customer Service

Old 11-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Enthusiast

Katie, I just sent you a private message.

Thanks everyone for their help. The TSB was really helpful...I may be on the right track to getting this problem fixed.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:31 AM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks for the heads-up, ponsta! I'll be replying shortly and look forward to working with you.

Best,

Katie
GM Customer Service

Old 11-13-2012, 06:51 AM
aka soulsea

p, keep in mind that the solution to this might be that the truck might need a new hybrid HV battery.
This of course might explain why the dealer blamed your wheels.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:58 AM
Enthusiast

I was thinking that too, but why would they blame the wheels if it needs a new battery? It should be under warranty correct?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2008 Tahoe Hybrid Codes POAC4 and P061B

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands